How many CC of JNJ per quart

The 1 qt spray master gets 1 mac+cheese noodle size squirt and my 2 qt bottle gets 2-3 depending on temps and prefer to have extra slip than not enough

And i add a shot of alky when its very cold out for flat glass or auto

And havent used J@J forever=maybe the new stuff sucks?  Dollar store stuff works fine for yrs

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/8/2017 at 10:06 AM, highplains said:

In 32oz I mix 3ml (same as CC) of J&J works well for me in my climate. I use an oral syringe to measure it out with, I'm able to keep my slip solution very consistent. 

I use 4ml per liter (1 liter =33.8 oz) so i'm close to highplains number and agree with it (we probably rounded different lol).

I have a 1.5 liter pump sprayer and use 6 to 8 mls (lately 8mls has felt right), I also have a box of 10mls syringes that i re-use to measure the JnJ.

I'm a numbers guy, I don't like "squirt" as an amount.

But, recently i've grown very fond of Joy Non-Ultra and it seems to be the same dosage for Joy Non Ultra as JnJ. Slip lasts longer for me with the Joy.

Cheers

I use  to use 2 cap fulls for a poly 2 sprayer  but it was to sloppy and inconsistent, depending on how long you let it drip out of the cap you would get different amounts. I also tried the the count and squeeze and also the eye balling it method but it also was way TO INCONSISTENT . . so i was looking for something measurable, quick and clean,  i went to walmart with this goal in mind and a massive germ x sanitizer bottle[i think its 32oz] I filled it with j and j and a little bit of alcohol [MY SECRET RECIPE  . .  i call tint slimer killer. . lol]   , I measured it out and it is 5 pumps a cap full, . , so now i just put 10 pumps to get my 2 cap fulls  and now get the same REPEATABLE results EVERY SINGLE TIME. . .  no more do i have to deal with not have enough slip in my juice and having the film bind/stick in place and not slide in where i need it to be. . . if its really hot or i just want more slip i do 12-13 pumps. . . . by doing this i can measure it extremely quick and clean and accurately . . . i highly recommend it and i will never go back to the inconsistent methods.. . .  one thing did to improve this tho was to order a film on pump  http://44tools.com/film-on-pump-only/ . . .which by luck it fit my purell sanitizer bottle perfectly .  i did this because the hand sanitizer pump spring  was sometimes not strong enough to push the pump back up because the J n J is thicker. . .  I attached some photos  . . . 

update number 2. .  while taking the photo i was like i might as well refill it my sanitzer bottle  as i have literally used the whole 32 oz.  .and then it hit me. . . why not try film on pump on the J and J bottle to see if it fits. . .:facepalm2. . . .SMH it actually fits . . . I should of did from the beginning but the whole thing has been an experiment for efficiency and still is . . . as they say you live you learn. . . so for  a 2 dollars and 55 sents you can get a film on pump  . . . and turn your J and J bottle to accurate repeatable slip dispensing  machine . . . I hope you guyz give it a try and enjoy 

germ x pump.jpg

germ x pump 1.jpg

germ x bottle.jpg

pump.JPG

Ha i was gonna say a cap full was way to much soap but the cap is small and 2 small squirts(3 hot days) filled it with the regular cap on a dollarstore BS bottle and i use a 2qt sprayer most of the time and i guess i use 1 to 1.5 cap full for 2qts and 2 caps would be to much slip for me

Its not that critical of a amount needed to measure out OCD style@better to have slightly more slip than not enough esp hot/humid temps

im in florida and normally in the sun so for me there is usually no such thing as to much slip [except in the winter time ofcourse] 2 cap is usually perfect for me. . . or in this case 10 pumps

On 7/8/2017 at 3:01 AM, Go2Guy said:

I use  to use 2 cap fulls for a poly 2 sprayer  but it was to sloppy and inconsistent, depending on how long you let it drip out of the cap you would get different amounts. I also tried the the count and squeeze and also the eye balling it method but it also was way TO INCONSISTENT . . so i was looking for something measurable, quick and clean,  i went to walmart with this goal in mind and a massive germ x sanitizer bottle[i think its 32oz] I filled it with j and j and a little bit of alcohol [MY SECRET RECIPE  . .  i call tint slimer killer. . lol]   , I measured it out and it is 5 pumps a cap full, . , so now i just put 10 pumps to get my 2 cap fulls  and now get the same REPEATABLE results EVERY SINGLE TIME. . .  no more do i have to deal with not have enough slip in my juice and having the film bind/stick in place and not slide in where i need it to be. . . if its really hot or i just want more slip i do 12-13 pumps. . . . by doing this i can measure it extremely quick and clean and accurately . . . i highly recommend it and i will never go back to the inconsistent methods.. . .  one thing did to improve this tho was to order a film on pump  http://44tools.com/film-on-pump-only/ . . .which by luck it fit my purell sanitizer bottle perfectly .  i did this because the hand sanitizer pump spring  was sometimes not strong enough to push the pump back up because the J n J is thicker. . .  I attached some photos  . . . 

update number 2. .  while taking the photo i was like i might as well refill it my sanitzer bottle  as i have literally used the whole 32 oz.  .and then it hit me. . . why not try film on pump on the J and J bottle to see if it fits. . .:facepalm2. . . .SMH it actually fits . . . I should of did from the beginning but the whole thing has been an experiment for efficiency and still is . . . as they say you live you learn. . . so for  a 2 dollars and 55 sents you can get a film on pump  . . . and turn your J and J bottle to accurate repeatable slip dispensing  machine . . . I hope you guyz give it a try and enjoy 

germ x pump.jpg

germ x pump 1.jpg

germ x bottle.jpg

pump.JPG

I had the same hand sanitizer stuff, cleaned the bottle and filled it with water, I measured each pump from the hand sanitizer pump is 2mls. In case anyone was wondering.

Archived