Heatshrinking ?? on BG of '99 Civic 2dr

Guest Alero

Guest HeatShrunkSS
I just tinted a new 04 2 door civic and I thought there was a lot of shrinking required to get it looking good. I trashed a piece of film as I had 3 creases. Did it again but this time put my middle anchor lower, shrank the bottom and then reanchored a little higher - came out nice. Customer was happy - I was happier :lol6

There are a few tinters in my neck of the woods that pass on these cars as they can't shrink them. :rollin

If anybody thinks these backglasses are a walk in the park - :?

Naughty

Note:- I shrink with powder and then wet check and reshrink any little fingers that pop up.

You also need to shrink the side windows as well.

He's talking about A coupe, as in NON-HATCH.................those are PIE. Which is why I said if he can do a back glass on a hatchback with no problem then he should be able to fly through the back glass on a coupe...........which, I will say once again, is hardly any shrinking at all............

Soo...... :rollin

Guest Peja43916
I just tinted a new 04 2 door civic and I thought there was a lot of shrinking required to get it looking good. I  trashed a piece of film as I had 3 creases. Did it again but this time put my middle anchor lower, shrank the bottom and then reanchored a little higher

[*]205808

What do you mean by you put the middle anchor lower? Do you anchor with water? I had a very had time with this same exact car the other day with creased and the sides not wanting to lay on glass. Had very big fingers on all 4 corners.

Guest naughtydog

I anchor the line across the middle lower than normal, shrink the bottom then re-anchor the film slightly above middle and it worked for me.

I've got another one tomorrow - watch me fark it up

Naughty

Guest metint
I anchor the line across the middle lower? than normal, shrink the bottom then re-anchor the film slightly above middle and it worked for me.

I've got another one tomorrow - watch me fark it up

Naughty

[*]278499

A diagram to aid in understanding?

post-149-1114460462.jpg

Guest CloudWalker

I like the air brush look on the buttons on here now looks cool. Anyway I have to strip and retint a 99 civic 2 door could someone tell me basically how to take the rear package tray out just to make it easier to get around the 3rd brake light. I was thinking I could just shove the black garbage bag down there when I sweat that tint without any problems but I have a lot of time on this car and I just wanted to make it perfect you know?

Guest CloudWalker

Well I figured it out... So here it is to maybe help someone else.

Pop the bottom of the back seat out. Fold the back seats down and remove the 6 10mm bolts. Remove the 3 12mm bolts one holds the two seats together the other two allow the seats to fold. Once you have the entire back seat out there are a couple of black circular tabs with the little teeth on them to take out in a few places, then the two interior side moldings just pop right out and there you are left with the stupid asss rear package tray which simply slides right out just unhook the 3rd brake light plug and your done.

Way to go you idiots at Honda. :poop:dunno:tw

Archived