Heatshrinking ?? on BG of '99 Civic 2dr

Guest Alero

Guest Alero

Hey, I'm a little newbie on doing 1 piece back glass. I'm in the middle of tinting my friends 99 civic 2dr. Any tips on heatshrinking the back glass? I can shrink the middle fine but when I get to the curve edges on the both side of the car where the glass curves at the end .. I get 1 big finger on each corner. When I put on the film, I do the squeege in an H-pattern like side in the how-to

P.S. I can do a 94 civic hatch round back glass just fine just can't do this one.. I guess the rear glass size differences makes a difference even though the hatch's back glass is more rounder.

Thanks in advance.

Look....99civic 2dr was my first tint job ever...I did It in 3pcs :lol6 . I used Madico 36'' charcoal not Charcool!. So I did one other next month after in 2pcs with limoblk, it looks good but still 2pcs tint job. I never seen 1pc job at this time and I recently try one but I fail with 36'' Madico 20% Charcool. I did tell to the guy to see an other installer. So few weeks later I seen the civic and he did little cut 2'' long on each bottom corner so he did the job, but it doesn't look very great. I think that my 2pcs still look better!....Goes to the defrost....!

Guest Tintbds-

You should try starting from the sides. Take your finger and split the big finger you are getting. heat one of the split fingers and then try splitting the other then heat again. Not to worry in time you will get it right. :woowoo

Guest HeatShrunkSS

If you can do a 94 Hatchback in one piece, you should have no problems what so ever doing a 99 Coupe back glass in one piece. Not much shrinking at all really. I run all the fingers top to bottom, with a tack strip in the middle. :rollin

Guest naughtydog

I just tinted a new 04 2 door civic and I thought there was a lot of shrinking required to get it looking good. I trashed a piece of film as I had 3 creases. Did it again but this time put my middle anchor lower, shrank the bottom and then reanchored a little higher - came out nice. Customer was happy - I was happier :spit

There are a few tinters in my neck of the woods that pass on these cars as they can't shrink them. :lol

If anybody thinks these backglasses are a walk in the park - :lol6

Naughty

Note:- I shrink with powder and then wet check and reshrink any little fingers that pop up.

You also need to shrink the side windows as well.

Archived