Practice Window Tinting without Garage?

Hey everyone! 

I'm new to the world of window tinting and am beginning to learn the trade. I just received my tools and first few rolls of film (Scorpion Predator Series).

Currently, I live in a town home. My only immediate option is to practice outside, but I'm unsure if that would be ideal due to contaminants, direct sunlight, etc.

I do have the option of renting out a storage space or some shop space, but I thought I'd ask if it would be suitable to learn the basics in the outdoors.

My test subject will be a 95 Thunderbird Super Coupe! I'm sure this back window will be a lot of fun! :pullinghair:pullinghair

Thanks in advance guys!

SC.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a beginner, I would recommend getting inside somewhere.  A buddy's garage or something.  Outside is going to add to the headaches, until you know some tricks. :twocents 

Besides..... you don't want to be this guy,,,,, and be outside for everyone to see. :heh  

And that first car :gasp   Get ready :pullinghair 

Wind/dust/direct sunlight and rain? It wont be good but maybe it doesnt rain were your at

Tbird rear glass were tough at 1st but are sorta easy 1 piece with some shrink exp and the rite squeeges with the rite sqeege pattern

We all started somewere and in a yard under a tree was better than a parking lot lol

11 minutes ago, Bham said:

As a beginner, I would recommend getting inside somewhere.  A buddy's garage or something.  Outside is going to add to the headaches, until you know some tricks. :twocents 

Besides..... you don't want to be this guy,,,,, and be outside for everyone to see. :heh  

That is funny!

I don't think I wanna be that guy!!

Thanks Bahm! I appreciate your response!

7 minutes ago, Slick said:

Nothing like jumping right into the deep end.... :gasp 

Yeah...it wasn't the original plan, but I'll at least get some good practice in lol

I'm sure there will be a lot of frustration and cussing :drive

Get you a Dodge Ram with a solid rear glass   :thumb   

There is a little bit of shrink necessary on that rear glass and a truck rear window is a good way to learn to back roll.    

50 minutes ago, DOOTINT said:

Wind/dust/direct sunlight and rain? It wont be good but maybe it doesnt rain were your at

Tbird rear glass were tough at 1st but are sorta easy 1 piece with some shrink exp and the rite squeeges with the rite sqeege pattern

We all started somewere and in a yard under a tree was better than a parking lot lol

I definitely agree with that! I'll probably get some shop space to work in! It'll make things easier. Thanks DOOTINT!

Archived