Practice Window Tinting without Garage?

43 minutes ago, Bham said:

Get you a Dodge Ram with a solid rear glass   :thumb   

There is a little bit of shrink necessary on that rear glass and a truck rear window is a good way to learn to back roll.    

I'll see if I can find myself a Dodge Ram then! Thanks Bham! :thanks

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great question, was planning to ask the same myself.  I am in a similar spot......wanting to learn to tint while keeping my day job.  I have considered going to a school or training class, however I know a lot of practice is needed afterwards and my issue would be having somewhere to practice after I finish the class. 

There used to be a place in my area where you could rent a garage bay for the hour or day, unfortunately they closed up a few years ago.  Looking forward to hearing suggestions from others.

1 hour ago, Helf8704 said:

Great question, was planning to ask the same myself.  I am in a similar spot......wanting to learn to tint while keeping my day job.  I have considered going to a school or training class, however I know a lot of practice is needed afterwards and my issue would be having somewhere to practice after I finish the class. 

There used to be a place in my area where you could rent a garage bay for the hour or day, unfortunately they closed up a few years ago.  Looking forward to hearing suggestions from others.

We have something similar in my area, but it can get relatively pricey depending on how many hours I plan to practice. I'm honestly leaning toward getting myself a storage unit. It's not the cheapest alternative, but it's convenient and more affordable than most other solutions. It wouldn't be as ideal through winter, but it beats not practicing at all!

I plan to contact Stan here shortly. He offers an amazing course and DVDs for an incredible price.

Good to hear someone else is doing the same as me! :beer

3 hours ago, Sideshow Bob said:

Hey everyone! 

I'm new to the world of window tinting and am beginning to learn the trade. I just received my tools and first few rolls of film (Scorpion Predator Series).

Currently, I live in a town home. My only immediate option is to practice outside, but I'm unsure if that would be ideal due to contaminants, direct sunlight, etc.

I do have the option of renting out a storage space or some shop space, but I thought I'd ask if it would be suitable to learn the basics in the outdoors.

My test subject will be a 95 Thunderbird Super Coupe! I'm sure this back window will be a lot of fun! :pullinghair:pullinghair

Thanks in advance guys!

Call a few storage places for a unit that fits a car easily, you'll be surprised how accommodating some can be. Tell them what you're gonna do, all they care about is no toxic spills. Call a few, some purposefully have garages like for what you need.

53 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

We have something similar in my area, but it can get relatively pricey depending on how many hours I plan to practice. I'm honestly leaning toward getting myself a storage unit. It's not the cheapest alternative, but it's convenient and more affordable than most other solutions. It wouldn't be as ideal through winter, but it beats not practicing at all!

I plan to contact Stan here shortly. He offers an amazing course and DVDs for an incredible price.

Good to hear someone else is doing the same as me! :beer

I have been looking at schools including Stan's and his DVDs as well.  I'm interested in attending, just need to figure out a plan of action after I get back to continue learning while maintaining my day job. 

4 hours ago, Helf8704 said:

I have been looking at schools including Stan's and his DVDs as well.  I'm interested in attending, just need to figure out a plan of action after I get back to continue learning while maintaining my day job. 

What part of Ohio are you in?

Archived