Need help with career choice change.

Hi guys, basically, I have 3 offers for career path recently:

1. Offered a detailing position at a dealership for jaguar/landrover

-They will train me from bottom up so I know everything about paint correction, wetsanding, the works. Pay is between 14-18$ due to no experience.

Offer 

2. Offered position at mobile dent repair/painter

- They will teach me from the ground up as well, someone I know trained from the same company, branched off on his own, has mobile service and has made good enough money to purchase a house for family after 1 year. He quit working for them after 6 months

3. Auto glass repair

-They need someone that can tint cars because there is only one guy there (perhaps I can improve my tinting and open my own garage)

which one is the best option here. I do not want to make the wrong decision because I am quitting something else that I don't enjoy doing.

Thanks!

If number 2 is primarily PDR driven then that's the direction I would lean personally. Not that the other two are bad options by any stretch but they seem to be a little more saturated with the race to the bottom type that suppress prices and make it harder to make a good living.

42 minutes ago, bpbv6-6 said:

Hi guys, basically, I have 3 offers for career path recently:

1. Offered a detailing position at a dealership for jaguar/landrover

-They will train me from bottom up so I know everything about paint correction, wetsanding, the works. Pay is between 14-18$ due to no experience.

Offer 

2. Offered position at mobile dent repair/painter

- They will teach me from the ground up as well, someone I know trained from the same company, branched off on his own, has mobile service and has made good enough money to purchase a house for family after 1 year. He quit working for them after 6 months

3. Auto glass repair

-They need someone that can tint cars because there is only one guy there (perhaps I can improve my tinting and open my own garage)

which one is the best option here. I do not want to make the wrong decision because I am quitting something else that I don't enjoy doing.

Thanks!

Follow your gut feeling where would you  be the happiest is a big factor in making your choice dig deep have patience you will pick the best job...blessings

53 minutes ago, highplains said:

If number 2 is primarily PDR driven then that's the direction I would lean personally. Not that the other two are bad options by any stretch but they seem to be a little more saturated with the race to the bottom type that suppress prices and make it harder to make a good living.

45 minutes ago, quality tintz said:

Follow your gut feeling where would you  be the happiest is a big factor in making your choice dig deep have patience you will pick the best job...blessings

ugh, im really indecisive at this point. I feel age 29 is too late to make a wrong decision. Do detailers usually make enough money if they branch out by themselves?

I wouldn't worry about your age too much, lots of people make career changes later in their 30's, 40's, and 50's etc and see success. I'd really recommend that you go with whichever one you enjoy the most, if you're determined you can be as successful as you want to be with it.

10 hours ago, highplains said:

I wouldn't worry about your age too much, lots of people make career changes later in their 30's, 40's, and 50's etc and see success. I'd really recommend that you go with whichever one you enjoy the most, if you're determined you can be as successful as you want to be with it.

Great answer do what you love to do

The mobile dent repair is the most unique so i would take that, the other stuff you can learn on the side a little easier. You can later on do the dent thing on the side and work at the other places and learn it all and have a place that does it all. My 2 cents.

I tint and detail. I can tell you that detailing is way more labor for less money. If you decide to go at it on your own there is more equipment involved with doing it than with tinting and PDR. I don't do PDR but from what I know (I looked into it myself) there is a huge learning curve and you need patience (like in tinting). But really, go with your gut and do something you will love.

10 hours ago, CaliTINT said:

I tint and detail. I can tell you that detailing is way more labor for less money. If you decide to go at it on your own there is more equipment involved with doing it than with tinting and PDR. I don't do PDR but from what I know (I looked into it myself) there is a huge learning curve and you need patience (like in tinting). But really, go with your gut and do something you will love.

thank you for honest answers all of you. I do enjoy everything from detailing, tinting, to anything that relates with cars. I have decided to go with the PDR for now because the boss had me come in for hands on experience and I learned alot during the two hours, it didnt even feel like work. I enjoyed it so much because at the same time you learn to use diff stages of polish, wax so almost similar to detailing auto body. I actually accepted both jobs part time each right now so I can learn more detailing from the dealership and I can implement that all into my work later on.