Questions about Mobile tinting.

Call around to storage facilities and tell them your exact needs and ask them if they have something. Some places will work a deal with you and most have car storage options that are enclosed in an open area where you can knock out jobs. Hey, it's a garage and as long as you can keep the car doors open and have power you're solid, even if you pay $100 a month it's decent to have it like a mini shop. 

Probably 75% my customers have garages with space where the doors can extend without hitting stuff. The ones with no room do make it a little harder. Sometimes i can pull the vehcile to ones side and tint Bg, 1/4s, and driver side, then move for the passenger side. I also shut the garage when its windy if i can. Damn that sucks when its 110* though. 

Edited by pbalentine

11 hours ago, DOOTINT said:

$69 tinting under tent? If they dont have a decent shop forget mobile

I remember doing a car outside and it came out ok but got a bug in the rear doorglass and 4yrs later the guy says the bug was still there LoL

dang bro you didnt redo it? you just told the customer yeah thats going to be there for now on lol 

but what do you mean $69 tinting under tent? is that what you were charging? 

9 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

Call around to storage facilities and tell them your exact needs and ask them if they have something. Some places will work a deal with you and most have car storage options that are enclosed in an open area where you can knock out jobs. Hey, it's a garage and as long as you can keep the car doors open and have power you're solid, even if you pay $100 a month it's decent to have it like a mini shop. 

yeah the whole point in this is to be mobile. nobody is doing that where i live which is kind of an edge. facilities aren't my priority for now. 

7 hours ago, First Revolution Tint said:

dang bro you didnt redo it? you just told the customer yeah thats going to be there for now on lol 

but what do you mean $69 tinting under tent? is that what you were charging? 

It wasnt a real nice car and he begged me to do it and was outside and didnt see it til i was ready to leave(very small bug)all flattened out lol and said if it moves or bubbles i will redo it

And the tent thing was like i saw at a flea market(long time ago) in florida for $69 Hack n Slap jobs lol

Edited by DOOTINT

3 hours ago, DOOTINT said:

It wasnt a real nice car and he begged me to do it and was outside and didnt see it til i was ready to leave(very small bug)all flattened out lol and said if it moves or bubbles i will redo it

And the tent thing was like i saw at a flea market(long time ago) in florida for $69 Hack n Slap jobs lol

gotcha yeah i hear you. Well the business model that i'm working with is definitely not a slap on job. im spending money on equipment, the tint brand, and marketing.  

You will be better off finding a garage thats well lighted with white walls and power/water/bathroom etc and if mobile and they dont have a decent shop to do auto type jobs i would say sorry and the Tent thing? Wind/Rain/Hot/Cold and setting the thing up and taking it down and tracking crap on your shoes in a nice ride?

I did a search on "mobile garage" and saw a few nice tents for around 100 or less. I was thinking of the mobile thing at one time, bunch of ideas popped in my head, like i only need enough tent for the window i'm working on so maybe a small setup or 2, i also had a trailer i could fit a car on and pondered building onto the trailer a camper like thing that pops out on the sides so i can bring my garage with me. I also looked around for public covered garages in key areas that i could use. Like if they didn't have a garage i could tell them to meet me at a cool covered parking garage. I have a few friends with car shops, some will let me use an empty bay for $20 a tint job. I now have a physical shop and even in the enclosed shop i have dust issues. All i can say is work fast af lol.

On amazon i found a $300 generator that is good for 3500watts (4000 peak) (Champion, i also use it to power my house during outages). If it's just your heat gun you could get away with a 2000 watt, or you can use a torch for shrinking. just shooting out ideas. Let me know if you can make it work, i have a spare pickup i'd like to make the Tintmobile.