Questions about Mobile tinting.

Hey thanks for clicking this I need some advice. 

I'm fixing to start a mobile tinting business and i'm curious what some of you guys are doing to be successful at tinting mobily. Like tools, generators, and maybe even business models.  

I've looked at tents to work under but they all look way to difficult to construct and deconstruct per job, and its something I absolutely have to have since i live in WA where it always rains. What advice do you have for me? thanks for helping? 

BTW looked through the forum couldn't find anything. 

I would think that if they don't have garage or building you could do it in, or electricity for your heat gun then it would be way to much of a pain in the ass to try and go that route. Plus think of how many times your customer is going to tell you "Oh yeah I've got a garage with plenty of room, no problem!" and you show up and you can't even move around the car because of all the junk. or other issues too.

I use to work at a towing service where alot of these things came into playing getting a customers car and trust me, it is never what they say its going to be. Not trying to be discouraging just my opinion.

Right. I'm not discouraged by that at all. I know people are going to have a garage most of the time but there might be one out of the ten that would be like nope don't have a garage.

I was wondering why there Isn't any posts about this looks like there's an opportunity to do something different. Thanks Lahey appreciate your post. 

Anyone else know of anything? 

Don't know what kind of setup you have to work with. But I've seen several portable car ports that can be purchased online. Maybe find one that would suit your needs best and maybe haul it on a small trailer that way you could quickly set it up on site. That way you don't have to completely tear it all apart maybe. I would think you could buy one, collapse it, then just put it right back up just get a good system going on for it. 

$69 tinting under tent? If they dont have a decent shop forget mobile

I remember doing a car outside and it came out ok but got a bug in the rear doorglass and 4yrs later the guy says the bug was still there LoL

Edited by DOOTINT