Questions about Mobile tinting.

I did auto mobile for the 1st couple yrs at car dealers/auto glass shops/sterio shops and a few small horrible small dirty garages that didnt have good lighting etc but some people have nice shops and gather a bunch of jobs for ya maybe

Edited by DOOTINT

1 hour ago, Tint Slayer said:

I did a search on "mobile garage" and saw a few nice tents for around 100 or less. I was thinking of the mobile thing at one time, bunch of ideas popped in my head, like i only need enough tent for the window i'm working on so maybe a small setup or 2, i also had a trailer i could fit a car on and pondered building onto the trailer a camper like thing that pops out on the sides so i can bring my garage with me. I also looked around for public covered garages in key areas that i could use. Like if they didn't have a garage i could tell them to meet me at a cool covered parking garage. I have a few friends with car shops, some will let me use an empty bay for $20 a tint job. I now have a physical shop and even in the enclosed shop i have dust issues. All i can say is work fast af lol.

On amazon i found a $300 generator that is good for 3500watts (4000 peak) (Champion, i also use it to power my house during outages). If it's just your heat gun you could get away with a 2000 watt, or you can use a torch for shrinking. just shooting out ideas. Let me know if you can make it work, i have a spare pickup i'd like to make the Tintmobile.

Any pictures of that mobile garage????

there are inflatable ones that go up in 2 min but not cheap.  a prototype for tinting by the tint shop (Aaron Fournier) has clear sides and roof for light.  not sure if its shipping yet.   I was mobile, not to custy's house.  I set up different shops to schedule the work for me.  yes I give up a few points but  dozen plus sales reps selling,  no mystery of where i work.  low overhead and home based business write offs.  suggest keep your area within a 30 min drive,  larger circle waste to much time driving.

makes billing easy with set accounts compared to billing individual custy's.

I always said,  if I could get rid of my customers, my job would be a lot easier  LOL

52 minutes ago, shadytints said:

there are inflatable ones that go up in 2 min but not cheap.  a prototype for tinting by the tint shop (Aaron Fournier) has clear sides and roof for light.  not sure if its shipping yet.   I was mobile, not to custy's house.  I set up different shops to schedule the work for me.  yes I give up a few points but  dozen plus sales reps selling,  no mystery of where i work.  low overhead and home based business write offs.  suggest keep your area within a 30 min drive,  larger circle waste to much time driving.

makes billing easy with set accounts compared to billing individual custy's.

I always said,  if I could get rid of my customers, my job would be a lot easier  LOL

You did what ya had to do bro good techniques...

On 9/16/2017 at 11:21 AM, quality tintz said:

Any pictures of that mobile garage????

On 9/16/2017 at 11:48 AM, Tint Slayer said:

kcrjuifj.jpg?w=1400&h=9999

Expensive -  http://www.gazebox.net/ 

Bolt that to a trailer lol

i wish it were wider and i had the strength of hercules that would be the best solution. but there is no way for that to be mobile.