Battery charger

I've got the small I think 50 to 75 dollar one from Wal-Mart. It has a maintenance mode you can put on which I think is 6v. Then of course 12 and jump. The roll around would be nice and kicks ass but it's not practical for the space that I have. 

11 minutes ago, jh812 said:

I've got the small I think 50 to 75 dollar one from Wal-Mart. It has a maintenance mode you can put on which I think is 6v. Then of course 12 and jump. The roll around would be nice and kicks ass but it's not practical for the space that I have. 

I saw some on Amazon for that price range, but when i read them it says they're trickle chargers that would take a whole day to charge a dead battery. I understand i'm not starting with a dead battery, but when you have that charger on the car the battery stays topped off?

1 hour ago, Tint Slayer said:

I saw some on Amazon for that price range, but when i read them it says they're trickle chargers that would take a whole day to charge a dead battery. I understand i'm not starting with a dead battery, but when you have that charger on the car the battery stays topped off?

I think I've had one battery go dead on just 6v. It was an old pos and when I mentioned to the person they said they've had problems with it before and needed a new battery. It takes me between 45-60 minutes to do the sides and quarters typically. Reason I say the quarters is I generally forget to shut it off before then :lol

2 hours ago, highplains said:

This is the one I have at the shop,  works well for my needs. I had a vehicle in the other day that started chiming about a low battery less than five minutes after starting to tint it. I threw the charger on at 2amps and was able to proceed without issue.

15124065437121010604607.jpg

Schumacher is a good name 

I have a "Battery Tender" car battery charger. But honestly we hardly use it. We should. I normally just make sure I use a tinting process that keeps me from having the car power on too long. But we still have our hiccups and kills a few batteries here and there.

have had cars die in 5 min before.  min 10amp to keep battery up with key on, a 50amp is worth the extra couple bucks for POS's.  bought large jump box for my light and to jump cars just in case.  has come in handy for my 3 tractors, chipper and snow blower.   good for the lake,  dead battery's from stereo's.