Dodge charger

Quick question, so i tinted a Dodge Charger today, and jeez did it seem hard to me. I did fine with rear window shrink and install, but the sides, i had lots of trouble keeping the film from sticking,  i ended up using more slip than normal which still led to sticking, but I got through it and it turned out fine. My question is, why did i have to use more slip on this car. I have a measuring bottle with a mark on it so i have consistent solution. I  use this solution on every other job and it’s the perfect mix. Is this car considered to have “sticky” windows?

1 minute ago, Bham said:

@IPATinting   My guess is the surface tension of the laminated glass on the Dodge products.  

Slip on Laminated door glass acts differently than on regular glass. 

Just a guess. :dunno Other than something on the windows. :? 

Do you use more slip on laminated windows?

2 minutes ago, Bham said:

No Sir.  I just use more spray than normal, when I do Jeeps and such.  Never really had a HUGE issue with it, but have noticed that it tacks quicker.  

When i sprayed, the water spread out into big drops instead of staying as a “layer” or water on the glass. When it did this i just sprayed more to form the “layer” if this means anything.

3 minutes ago, IPATinting said:

When i sprayed, the water spread out into big drops instead of staying as a “layer” or water on the glass. When it did this i just sprayed more to form the “layer” if this means anything.

Yep.  Watching the slip will tell you a lot. 

Just have to watch for funny patterns and maybe give them a little extra clean and also work a little faster.   :twocents 

2 minutes ago, Bham said:

Yep.  Watching the slip will tell you a lot. 

Just have to watch for funny patterns and maybe give them a little extra clean and also work a little faster.   :twocents 

Do you know what i mean when i say the big drops. If so what do you do for a case like that.

42 minutes ago, IPATinting said:

Do you know what i mean when i say the big drops. If so what do you do for a case like that.

Razor blade and recheck.  If still an issue, steel wool.  It those two don’t fix it not much else will.