Is Ceramic necessary in NJ??

I'm having a dilemma.Do you think Ceramic is a need in NJ??I see some Films with good TSER stats and some are Carbon.We have 3 months of mild/hot weather.I think if I lived in the South it would be more of a need but don't think it's worth it up here.We'll have a hot couple weeks in the 90's but with IR rejection Films available my guess is save the money and get a Film that has rejection stats around 60%??Am I in the right mind??

Only you can make the decision about what's going to be right for you. I live in Wyoming which is something of a frozen tundra for about 8 months out of the year, I choose to run ceramic on my personal vehicles for the extra performance. It may only make a difference for a couple months out of the year, but during those months I'm glad to have it. Regardless of whether you choise to go with a ceramic, high IR rejection, or HP film make sure you're using the best quality installer with a high quality film offering you can. Ultimately that's going to make the biggest difference for you.

I wish we only had a couple weeks in the 90s.

As stated, there are benefits during other times of the year.

But, regardless of performance, make sure whomever does the tinting can install well. You could have a very good film but it look like crap due to a poor installation.

Yes. That would be a start. Once you narrow down where you might want to go, then I would stop by and ask to look at some cars that have just been tinted. Check for bubbles and dirt specs, if possible see how close they get to the edge of the window, that kind of stuff.

While the general rule of - you get what you pay for - applies to tint jobs, it's not absolute. So if a place is higher priced then other, it doesn't mean you'll get a subpar install at the cheaper place. Doesn't rule it out - but it's possible.

When looking at reviews online, check the dates. Obviously recent reviews are better... So when possible - check out their work in person.