Shrinking curved glass

11 minutes ago, quality tintz said:

Soap is good ...start on outer corners good tip.. nice and slow let tint cool down don't get too hot different films shrink different try different brands ask on here which films shrink better. 

I used a sample of SolarFX not long ago and will probably end up switching to it soon. But it seemed to really shrink a lot easier than Express. That’s just my opinion though. 

34 minutes ago, TQtinting said:

I used a sample of SolarFX not long ago and will probably end up switching to it soon. But it seemed to really shrink a lot easier than Express. That’s just my opinion though. 

It definitely shrinks better than express. Smoother shrinks too without causing peanuts. Biggest thing about SolarFX I’ve noticed in over 2 years using it. Like @quality tintz said. Let the film cool off some before hammering it down.  Also... take your heat gun a back it off some and blow heat under the Film then start your normal shrinking 

I prefer to wet shrink! I feel like I’m the only one left that wet shrinks. But I like it because I can control where I want the film to shrink, it definitely helps on the really tough windows. Examples: Porsche Targa, model x windshield, model 3 b-glass, hell all the way back to the 08 beetle and early90’s cuttless supreme b-glass. And there’s no mess to clean up when your done shrinking. I used to be finished with windows before the other guy in my shop got his wax dry for shrinking.  Then I’m on to the next while he scrubs it all off. He wasn’t very good I’ll admit, I’m sure that a lot of the vets in here are much more proficient in their dry shaping techniques. But  if you don’t get those windows done, maybe learn and try wet shrinking