Customer issue..

How do you deal with a customer that complains they're not happy with a silver dot matrix?

Its something, as we all know that sometimes can't be helped on certain cars.

So, if there's nothing wrong with the tint (apart from the silver dot matrix) and the car is prone to a silver dot matrix. Who's to blame (if anyone) and how to you deal with that customer?

Thanks 👍🏻

Technical Explanation: It's about Physics. The rigid nature of the film being unable to bend in tight spaces, combined with the height of each dot, does not allow long term adhesion to the glass between each dot. Rather you get a suspension of the film over the glass spaces, causing it to have this silvery appearance. This can be demonstrated at your peel board by removing liner from a small film sample and hold it in close proximity to the glass surface to show how it has a similar silvery appearance (almost like looking at dual pane or triple pane glass from the outside of a home's window). Now, dry stick the film to the glass and show what the film looks like when adhering to the glass surface.:eyebrows

Edited by Tintguy1980

On vehicles that have a wide DOT Matrix like the older Accord's/Mustang's, we let the customer know ahead of time what to expect.  We give them the option of us tinting over it with film or paying more to have us cover that section with Dotrix vinyl.  We explain the vinyl will look better on the outside, but that you will lose visibility in the section.  If they decide to go the tint route, we let them know to wait for it to fully dry out and if they do not like the look, they can bring it back in for us to cut off that section of tint to replace it with the Dotrix.  In the end they are paying the same amount of money before or after the tint job.

11 hours ago, Fresh Tints Derby said:

How do you deal with a customer that complains they're not happy with a silver dot matrix?

Its something, as we all know that sometimes can't be helped on certain cars.

So, if there's nothing wrong with the tint (apart from the silver dot matrix) and the car is prone to a silver dot matrix. Who's to blame (if anyone) and how to you deal with that customer?

Thanks 👍🏻

Tell the let it dry a few weeks (then pop in we press it for them) or we use Sika glass primer of the rip

Made this myself and put one in every car. Done deal, saw one very similar to it but was worded horribly and did not look professional at all so I put my touch on it and made this. 

i also inspect every vehicle for damage interior and exterior and for window defects and point every one on them out before accepting it. 

50E10E89-3BAF-456C-A807-3EE5FF11E101.png

Edited by TQtinting

2 hours ago, TQtinting said:

Made this myself and put one in every car. Done deal, saw one very similar to it but was worded horribly and did not look professional at all so I put my touch on it and made this. 

i also inspect every vehicle for damage interior and exterior and for window defects and point every one on them out before accepting it. 

50E10E89-3BAF-456C-A807-3EE5FF11E101.png

I like this 

Sometimes no matter how clear you are with customers you always have that a-hole who just wants something "free" or just plain a mean old bugger. They dont understand then take that shiat off and recover your losses another day,  but dont let them keep the product. Priceless look on they're face when you rip that shiat off