Using cleaning and a slip solution???

6 hours ago, Super Dave said:

So I’m stuck in my old ways, (still use joy for both), but I’ve been trying newer techniques and products lately. There is always improvement that you can make. So, two part question: y’all are talking about that foaming glass cleaner in the aerosol can, right?

2) I pretty much blade everything possible, so would it really improve how clean the window is? Outside of older cars, I get that it would help there.

I honestly don't know if it would or not. I don't blade many vehicles, I use the gator blade so I think it's beneficial for me. Hell I don't know how much difference it makes with me either but I like it :lol if I run out of sprayway I do use a mix of dawn dirt off and water. Downside to that is having to the a zep bottle.

8 hours ago, Super Dave said:

So I’m stuck in my old ways, (still use joy for both), but I’ve been trying newer techniques and products lately. There is always improvement that you can make. So, two part question: y’all are talking about that foaming glass cleaner in the aerosol can, right?

2) I pretty much blade everything possible, so would it really improve how clean the window is? Outside of older cars, I get that it would help there.

What do you clean defroster windows with?   I personally use sprayway and 0000 steel wool for them.  I use a blue scotch pad for all other windows with sprayway. 

Would usinig a "glass cleaner" help if you are scraping with a blade?  It might but probably not much.  I would bet you could save time if you cleaned with a scrub pad and glass cleaner and also save on blade cost but still get the clean results you do. 

Most of us have switched from dish soap.   I still use film on but many use tint slime and now fusion has theirs. 

I used to use my slip solution for cleaner for years, now I use a separate cleaning bottle for cleaning with dawn dish soap and alcohol mixed, I also razor every window except rear. Seams like every time I try to just use a scrub pad there is always something left behind

1 hour ago, Super Dave said:

@tint guy

Ive done it a couple times for “Heat Cases” and feel I would have better off with a scrapper. But I was using my slip, so that could be the difference.

1 hour ago, Super Dave said:

@tint guy

Ive done it a couple times for “Heat Cases” and feel I would have better off with a scrapper. But I was using my slip, so that could be the difference.

What u mean here???

2 hours ago, tint guy said:

I used to use my slip solution for cleaner for years, now I use a separate cleaning bottle for cleaning with dawn dish soap and alcohol mixed, I also razor every window except rear. Seams like every time I try to just use a scrub pad there is always something left behind

What do you use for rear glass???

@quality tintz

Mainly, we are talking about the sides of the car. A heat case is a dealership car that you need to tint “fast and perfect”, because of them (dealer) screwing something up with the deal or car or whatever. Generally, by this time the customer is already pissed off, and you haven’t even started tinting their car. On occasion, to save time, I’ve not bladed the side windows to save time. Because it’s a new car and the windows appear clean. I just used a scrub pad. But, when I’ve attempted this it seems there is always a little something that I missed, nothing major. Maybe a little spot of adhesive from the stickers, or even something left over from a wax pencil someone used to write something on the windows. I just know that if I would have bladed the window, it wouldn’t be there. (Sometimes you can chalk it up to bad luck).

12 hours ago, Super Dave said:

@quality tintz

Mainly, we are talking about the sides of the car. A heat case is a dealership car that you need to tint “fast and perfect”, because of them (dealer) screwing something up with the deal or car or whatever. Generally, by this time the customer is already pissed off, and you haven’t even started tinting their car. On occasion, to save time, I’ve not bladed the side windows to save time. Because it’s a new car and the windows appear clean. I just used a scrub pad. But, when I’ve attempted this it seems there is always a little something that I missed, nothing major. Maybe a little spot of adhesive from the stickers, or even something left over from a wax pencil someone used to write something on the windows. I just know that if I would have bladed the window, it wouldn’t be there. (Sometimes you can chalk it up to bad luck).

Ok i get it bro!!