Bedroom tinting

I am in St. Petersburg Florida 3 miles from the Madico factory so I use them a lot.  Optivision  works great but you should look at their film to glass usage chart on double pane windows and be cautious.

So I don't do residential all that much and Llumar has these charts to look at to determine safe install shades and materials...I never seem to get anything as dark as all of you have mentioned here...Are 25, 15, and  5 safe for dual pane windows since it is dual reflective or what am I missing here?

13 minutes ago, Sunbreakers said:

So I don't do residential all that much and Llumar has these charts to look at to determine safe install shades and materials...I never seem to get anything as dark as all of you have mentioned here...Are 25, 15, and  5 safe for dual pane windows since it is dual reflective or what am I missing here?

Generally speaking, yes. They should be. But I'd have to check the charts to make sure.

Films that tend to be that dark... 25% and lower..  also tend to be reflective on the outside... ie. their absorption rates are lower. (Again, generally speaking, under 50% is where you wanna be - lower 40s if possible) 

Films that aren't reflective on the outside and are just dark - they are going to absorb too much heat, which could cause issues.

I haven't used Llumar recently, but something along the lines of an N1020, I *think*, would be safe..

Ok yeah..that makes sense...the reflective part of it is what makes it safe...N1020 works on a lot of stuff but I feel really limited when a customer wants something really dark or something he can see out of but them not see in etc...reflective is only way to go and they don't like "mirrored". What do you guys apply if a customer asks that question about seeing out and them not seeing in...I feel like even though reflective it is still going to be reversed at night...see in better than see out. Hope that ramble is understandable. LOL

Edited by Sunbreakers

56 minutes ago, Sunbreakers said:

What do you guys apply if a customer asks that question about seeing out and them not seeing in..

Several companies make a 1-way mirror film... But like you said, it only works during the day. At night it's reversed. That is simply a matter of physics.. which only 1 person can change that, and for some reason I don't think he's likely to do it. :lol6

Everything in life is a compromise. I make sure I explain what possible options are available for what they are trying to do - with both the positive and downsides to the choices. Unfortunately, film is not the solution to all customer's issues. :twocents