09 Altima re-tint with CTX, Stratos, Crystalline, XPel XR Plus

4 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

The Crystalline video is 40% on all windows including the windshield...metering around 33 on the vehicle.  Just to give you an idea of the optical clarity of it at a darker shade.

Last week I had seen the Crystalline 20 and it is a brown shade, and the CTX 20 which is a "normal" black/blue shade. What color would you say the Pinnacle & Stratos 15 are? (haven't seen in person yet.) Also wondering which shade would go best with the Sand color of my Altima at the bottom of page 3.

Edited by FAUguy

7 hours ago, smartie2shoes said:

Crystalline vs Stratos: Stratos absorbs near infrared whereby Crystalline reflects it. True film performance is measured by comparing TSER numbers. TSER accounts for all the (visible, UV,& NIR) energy received from the sun that converts to heat (far infrared) once striking a surface, is absorbed and radiated off.

Stratos relies on performance from air passing over the glass to carry away what is absorbed and radiates off as far infrared, either from wind or from car-in-motion air rushing across the surface.

Crystalline reflects (near) infrared energy, which again is one of three solar energies that are responsible for heat build up.

We 'feel' (near) infrared in the immediate because the moisture in our skin is a great absorber. Once NIR is absorbed, it becomes far infrared that we feel. A film that reflects or absorbs near infrared will give you a 'feel' cooler. Although with a film that absorbs near infrared, you can be feel far infrared radiating off the glass.

If in So FL, Crystalline would give you a better feel cool sensation over other products and any color objection is in the eye of the beholder. Huper Optiks ceramic would be an alternative in performance.

Do not be swayed by the 97% IR rejection on Crystalline. It is at 950nm on the electromagnetic radiation chart and is one of four very low energy intensity areas in the near infrared. Crystalline's all encompassing near infrared rejection number is much lower. They pick that one region and wavelength for marketing purposes only. Crystalline is most effective at reflecting near infrared between 800nm to 1150nm. The entire near infrared spectrum is 780-2500nm.

Truly appreciate the knowledge dropped in this post. I was really leaning towards stratos because of this video 

But if your saying this film holds on the heat and will not release it til the car is in motion or if some type of wind blows and I'd still feel heat I wouldn't want to pay the premium price for this film that can get a better "feeling" with a film like crystalline in Miami. ill see about pricing for crystalline. I am novice to all this didnt know there was all these different tint films 

Edited by mr.lee008

2 hours ago, mr.lee008 said:

Truly appreciate the knowledge dropped in this post. I was really leaning towards stratos because of this video 

But if your saying this film holds on the heat and will not release it til the car is in motion or if some type of wind blows and I'd still feel heat I wouldn't want to pay the premium price for this film that can get a better "feeling" with a film like crystalline in Miami. ill see about pricing for crystalline. I am novice to all this didnt know there was all these different tint films 

Honestly, the comparison in the video is not that great...Stratos and CTX/AIR are on two different playing fields.  To do a fair comparison they need to use Crystalline, Huper Ceramic, Huper Drei, Madico Wincos, and Prestige Photosync.  It is like me doing a video comparing a Challenger SRT8 and Challenger Demon.

3 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

Honestly, the comparison in the video is not that great...Stratos and CTX/AIR are on two different playing fields.  To do a fair comparison they need to use Crystalline, Huper Ceramic, Huper Drei, Madico Wincos, and Prestige Photosync.  It is like me doing a video comparing a Challenger SRT8 and Challenger Demon.

HAHAHA yeah those two beast are in different playing fields of there own. I am happy i found this forum for info I needed.  Gonna look at prices tomorrow at some shops for crystalline. I'll keep yall updated. sorry for thread hacking to the OP lol 

12 hours ago, mr.lee008 said:

Kind of off-topic. but damn that shop is clean.

On 7/31/2018 at 12:12 PM, DynamicATL said:

Yeah if you take sandpaper or a rough surface to it, the color won't hold up as much as the others.  In the real world though, it will probably outlast Pinnacle/Stratos in So. Fl. due to the climate.

😁😁

Edited by Tintguy1980

8 minutes ago, smartie2shoes said:

That happens because the coloring is in the scratch coat. I've had Crystalline on my Jeep for three years now in the Mid-Atlantic region and it looks as if it were installed last week. Clarity is superb with no signs of scratches on the scratch coat from window operations. You just can't beat this film when it comes to hot climates found in the Sun Belt. Pinnacle would be a runner up with Huper coming in third in my book (because of reflective look).

Again, the absorption rate of Stratos concerns me from an adhesive life expectancy standpoint. Today's adhesives are known to be rated for 250 degrees F however, I have witnessed what these adhesives look like long term on films with high absorption rates. Not good. And this doesn't address the absorption rate impact on which adhesive ... meaning, it's difficult to discern which adhesive, laminating or mounting, has gone south when eyeing them on a car (or accelerated weathering in lab testing).

Smartie where does global ceramic compare to these? 

12 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

This was the video of his, shows the Stratos 15, Pinnacle 15, CTX and a few others. I asked him about comparing to the Crystalline, and he said that someone would have to send him a sample in order to test it.

https://youtu.be/ECsKPL__LEE

16 hours ago, mr.lee008 said:

HAHAHA yeah those two beast are in different playing fields of there own. I am happy i found this forum for info I needed.  Gonna look at prices tomorrow at some shops for crystalline. I'll keep yall updated. sorry for thread hacking to the OP lol 

I'd be curious as to what pricing you get down in Miami for Crystalline or Stratos (if there are any Stratos installers).

I personally wouldn't go that far south since I'm closer going north to Delray Beach or West Palm Beach.