Advice needed for 21yr tint veteran

43 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

Ever try the CarbonFX? What's the color like on the Ultra? 

More brown imo. Used to have a more charcoal look to it but somewhere along the lines it changed slightly. Carbon 15 through 35 look great, 5 is way too green 43 is ok but meters really light in most cases.

regarding pricing guys, Florida cost of living tiny bit lower but big factor is competition drivin pricing. Theres a tint shop every block, ten is my local area. Factor in that auto owners turn over car every 2-3 years average( film comps ) know this. Customers come to florida and tell me your prices and get it here on vaca, from Georgia to Wisconsin to Canada. They laugh at those prices 500-1500$ to tint a car!  what is made of GOLD.  Part of our duty is to inform clients of the importance of sun and uv protection.  The other factor is quality of install and professionalism. The meters and displays go a long way with most clients in this I want it know era.

hand cut cxp over color graphics, my sharpie faster than ur plotter

hand cut logo.jpg

I have over 30 years experience and have used about every brand. We started using Scorpion when they started up. I love all of their product lines and their customer service and staff are second to none as well as their distributors. They offer ceramic, carbon, metallized and dyed films. Give them a call and get some samples.

On 8/22/2018 at 10:05 AM, Tint Slayer said:

Ever try the CarbonFX? What's the color like on the Ultra? 

havent tried the carbonFX.  ultra has been working great for me.  the color is good and ive been using this film for 3 years now and love everything about it.  its a rock solid film.  like the ole saying goes "if it aint broke, dont fix it".  ultra has been a good film and i looked at cars i tinted when i first started using the film and it still looks as good as the day i installed it.  it handles that oklahoma heat well.  with that being said, i am holding to ultra.

On 8/27/2018 at 3:03 PM, poppawilly67 said:

havent tried the carbonFX.  ultra has been working great for me.  the color is good and ive been using this film for 3 years now and love everything about it.  its a rock solid film.  like the ole saying goes "if it aint broke, dont fix it".  ultra has been a good film and i looked at cars i tinted when i first started using the film and it still looks as good as the day i installed it.  it handles that oklahoma heat well.  with that being said, i am holding to ultra.

Is ultra the same price as carbon or more and is the Vintage cheaper from solar FX

6 hours ago, quality tintz said:

Is ultra the same price as carbon or more and is the Vintage cheaper from solar FX

no.  carbon is higher than ultra price wise and vintage is about 20 bucks cheaper per roll.  when i first started using solarfx, i stated with vintage and a short time later i switched to ultra because a couple of friends that also tints is using ultra.  ultra is a color stable film and holdds its color good.  and it handles this oklahoma heat well too.  ultra is all i use.  i dont do ceramic or nothing like that as i try to keep my prices down because not many people in my area will drop 4-6 hundred to have their vehicle tinted in ceramic.  my customers love ultra and so do i so im sticking with that.

8 hours ago, quality tintz said:

1 hour ago, poppawilly67 said:

no.  carbon is higher than ultra price wise and vintage is about 20 bucks cheaper per roll.  when i first started using solarfx, i stated with vintage and a short time later i switched to ultra because a couple of friends that also tints is using ultra.  ultra is a color stable film and holdds its color good.  and it handles this oklahoma heat well too.  ultra is all i use.  i dont do ceramic or nothing like that as i try to keep my prices down because not many people in my area will drop 4-6 hundred to have their vehicle tinted in ceramic.  my customers love ultra and so do i so im sticking with that.

The price list I have shows Ultra and Carbon at the same price with Ultra being a Charcoal tone film and Carbon being a black tone film. Vintage is a little cheaper and is also a black tone film. Granted the catalog I have is a couple years old, you can always reach out to @whitehog and Dragon Distributing, I'm sure they'd be happy to answer any questions. 

Edited by highplains

51 minutes ago, highplains said:

The price list I have shows Ultra and Carbon at the same price with Ultra being a Charcoal tone film and Carbon being a black tone film. Vintage is a little cheaper and is also a black tone film. Granted the catalog I have is a couple years old, you can always reach out to @whitehog and Dragon Distributing, I'm sure they'd be happy to answer any questions. 

Ok