Can i get a 24inch or 30 inch plotter for sides only???

Oh and software all has it's good and bad points. Film design is always oversized on windshields and sometimes rear windows but better than Tinttek. Precision Cut from Llumar is better sometimes than Film Design but only for dealers and the folks you deal with are often bothered and rude. You complain and they are nice to you once...then back to the same old game. 

On 12/4/2018 at 1:24 PM, jsylva said:

Take this for what it is. We have a US Cutter 50" Laserpoint II plotter that brand new costs maybe $800. When going from hand cutting to plotting i already owned this plotter for vinyl sign purposes as a side gig. So far it has been cutting out about 60 cars a month (give or take)  for over a year. Is it as awesome as a Roland or GCC, probably not. I will say that even though the cost of the machine was cheap, it has done a fantastic job cutting tint. Being that it is a budget plotter, it has some quirks every now and then but im ok with that. For as cheap as it was new and the amount of use i have gotten out of it i have no problem recommending this plotter to people looking to make that jump without wanting to spend thousands. Buy some roland blades, replace the cutting strip every so often, and play with the speed and pressure settings and it will cut everything you want. Hope this was somewhat helpful. 

@jsylvaInteresting to see that you got a budget machine to work out with tint...I respect that. I notice on US Cutter website they have the LP III now. Would you recommend a seasoned veteran try one of those? I need to put plotters in at least two dealerships and would love to save $3k on each. Do you cut ppf with it ever?

12 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

Oh and software all has it's good and bad points. Film design is always oversized on windshields and sometimes rear windows but better than Tinttek. Precision Cut from Llumar is better sometimes than Film Design but only for dealers and the folks you deal with are often bothered and rude. You complain and they are nice to you once...then back to the same old game. 

Have you checked out Xpels DAP cutting program yet? I'm looking for feedback about it. FVD is my choice of the moment as i research, would like to use a plotter for more than just tint/ppf.

@Tint Slayer to be fair I have looked up a few cars here and there but never tried it. I looked into it and felt like I was buying a new car.. the price they tell you about is ok, then they start "adding" to it. If you are a dealer or not, if you want ppf or not. Per cut basis or monthly....seems pretty pricey when it is all said and done and the guy really wanted me to pick up their ppf. If I did a lot more of that then I could see how it would be an obvious transition, but we just don´t have enough business to justify xpel for ppf.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:08 PM, quality tintz said:

What program did you use for tint patterns what was best progarm???? Also was it hard to set up are strip and roland blades expensive...also is cutting program for tint monthly  fee or one time payment??? Thanks bro...

i use suntek for the program and the patterns are ok sometimes they are wrong , as far as patterns go i have seen xpel to be spot on. It took some playing around to figure out the plotter to cut the tint correctly. Too much pressure you cut all the way through and too little you don't cut enough. Honestly have to mess with it till you dial it in to your liking. Blades i think and don't quote me on this but a pack of 4 25 degree roland blades is $60 maybe. i change mine out every 4 months it seems. The suntek pattern program is a monthly fee and not sure if we are allowed to discuss those prices on here. To me it seems reasonable for the volume i cut out.

On 12/10/2018 at 7:26 PM, Sunbreakers said:

@jsylvaInteresting to see that you got a budget machine to work out with tint...I respect that. I notice on US Cutter website they have the LP III now. Would you recommend a seasoned veteran try one of those? I need to put plotters in at least two dealerships and would love to save $3k on each. Do you cut ppf with it ever?

i have not cut ppf with it since xpel is local to me they cut it out for me ready to go if were not bulk cutting. These machines are all picky and can be frustrating at times , even the expensive ones. Once you figure out its quirks and do's and dont's , its pretty easy to use and maintain but i always babysit the plotter as its running. I was actually looking into the titan 68" for my next one because its large enough to do ppf and still reasonably priced under 2k. Don't want to lead you down the wrong road but may be worth a shot to save some money