Exterior windshield protection products

I wanted to do the same. They cost too much and don't last long. I bought a training roll and it was expensive! Put it on my Jeep and less than a year later it looks like shit!

Talked to a company at SEMA and when I asked them how long the product would last he said about one year. That's not gonna cut it

19 hours ago, CaliTINT said:

I wanted to do the same. They cost too much and don't last long. I bought a training roll and it was expensive! Put it on my Jeep and less than a year later it looks like shit!

Talked to a company at SEMA and when I asked them how long the product would last he said about one year. That's not gonna cut it

Also ,other then the cars that have a high dollar shield retail cost to install is about or more then the average windshield replacement.

Edited by Jake

On 22/12/2018 at 10:39 AM, CaliTINT said:

That company is being honest. WPF can't last for many years as the windshield wipers will create minor scratches on SR and trigger the disintegration.

All those products last 3-4 months in Houston where it rain alot. It is only good for track vehicle and if you live in the almost perfect climate like San Diego.

If you still wanna stock that product...here my advice..You have to have a clean room to do the windshield...any dust will show up big time due to the thickness of the film. It will take a lot of practice to shape this right. Adhesive is not really tacky so any fingers popping up the day after can not be fix. Good Luck

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:00 AM, FilmTack said:

That company is being honest. WPF can't last for many years as the windshield wipers will create minor scratches on SR and trigger the disintegration.

Yes I appreciate their honesty. The scratches weren't super bad in the beginning. Its also that the film is getting cloudy and whitish and hard to see out of. I tried polishing a small section and it looked better. I'm gonna strip it off my windshield on reapply it and also put a ceramic coating over it to see if it improves the longevity. 

Was thinking of just offering this to Wrangler owners like myself since these vehicles are really easy to install on, use less film, and are very susceptible to rock damage.