Normal purple?

Ian seeking some input about a tinting job.

2018 Subaru Forester, came with tinted rear windows from factory.

I had recently got the front windows done 2 weeks ago. Tinter said he used LLumar tints, I choose the lightest one he had to offer (not the clear). The tint used looks purple/pinkish and hazy under direct sunlight only. When it’s overcast or when there is no direct sunlight it looks ok. You also cannot notice it if viewed from the outside, only when sitting inside. Is this normal? Btw it’s hard to tell from the phone pics, I tried my best to show it and ISO lock the camera. It looks worse in person.

Is this normal?

is it fair to ask the installer to redo and use a different roll/ shade of tint ?

or should I just go with a new installer? Any help would be appreciated.

CAA3CA75-5F87-4D9F-BC9E-2B94C43B9F5E.jpeg

B2810D6E-11C1-4B55-88EC-5C9256527CEE.jpeg

3A9AD446-DA93-405B-90F0-1964BCBCF871.jpeg

08AC238E-83F2-4153-BD9E-9EF7167F5DCD.jpeg

7BE85B12-E044-41BE-AD53-4D8142E41A50.jpeg

72982F15-4352-4B73-BB5A-B65C7AD104D6.jpeg

I believe you're seeing low angle haze, I've seen this come up on several occasions on here. Common with ceramic films. I've installed countless amounts of this film without complaints since 07 :dunno I'd say wherever you (got your tints did) did a good job and you should look through it not at it? Also ...... tints...... :facepalm 

It looks noticeably different to me, not what i'd want on my 2018. That would bug the crap out of me. It doesn't match, color doesn't match and neither does the clarity, you are not a satisfied customer. Have him remove it and get your money back, go to another shop that uses a different film and show them these pics and tell them your concerns. I keep 1 foot squares of film i put on the glass so people can see it in the sunlight before installing.  Be aware you likely won't get a perfect match in hue.

My gf has the new CrossTrek and it's similar, you may be happiest without tint if you're wanting that light of a shade, if this is about UV i think the factory glass blocks 90% UVA and 99% UVB , UVB being the damaging topical sunburn skin cancer causing part of UV, and UVA being what damages deep down. I'm not the expert on UV, maybe someone else can clarify if i'm off. As a customer i'd rather you be happy without tint than dissatisfied with that pink looking crap.   

i hear good things about Llumar, but i also hear enough complaints about the company and product to not be interested in it. My 2 cents and my opinion.