Tinter company owner

Guest Grant

Guest Grant

Hi my customer has faulty double glazed unit that has condensation in it and the glazer is blaming the window film I applied 2 years ago SS20%.

I tinted the whole house and only one unit has a fault. I know it is not a fault of applying window film as just about ever second house I tint is double glazed and I'm very carful to apply low heat absorption film.

I read something online a while ago to back this up but cant find the info again can anyone help with technical information to back me up.

Cheers

Grant

If you have them a written or any warranty then you are on the hook somewhat.  Might get by with an offer to tint the new window for free if they get it replaced. 

There was a research paper done by the IWFA that solidly refuted the idea that film causes seal failure. The physics given the volume of air and heat gain with that film preclude film as a cause. Besides IGU's fail regularly any without film.

Guest Cooltinter
On 6/11/2020 at 8:23 AM, NZTNT1 said:

There was a research paper done by the IWFA that solidly refuted the idea that film causes seal failure. The physics given the volume of air and heat gain with that film preclude film as a cause. Besides IGU's fail regularly any without film.

I think I found the article mentioned above. Great to have this info available.

https://iwfa.com/professionals/Resources/ArtMID/1527/ArticleID/557/Window-Film-on-Insulating-Glass-Windows

Guest Cooltinter
On 6/11/2020 at 8:23 AM, NZTNT1 said:

I think I found the article mentioned above. Great to have this info available.

https://iwfa.com/professionals/Resources/ArtMID/1527/ArticleID/557/Window-Film-on-Insulating-Glass-Windows