Reflective film Privacy Issues

We recently did some window tinting for a school with 15% silver reflective film. They have a set of exterior facing windows/entryway doors that lead into a small room with a wall of office windows on one side and another set of windows/entryway doors that then lead into the school. The office staff have let us know that they cannot see into the small room and it’s a security risk. We told them that the lighting in that small room needs to be brighter than the office area that they are looking from in order to reverse the privacy quality of the film. I got an email from the school today saying they tried to make it brighter but they still can’t see 😩. Boss man (my husband lol) says just remove the film and move on but it was a rather large job that we spent a lot of time and materials on. I know it may come down to that but I’m up for suggestions before we just call it a loss. 

I know it’s an awful pic (google image) but these are the exterior windows. These lead into a smaller 14’x14’ room with a 5’ wall of windows to the left and  another set of these windows/doors that lead into the school. 

A395D9DA-8889-4FBF-8C39-631F72D1E2FE.jpeg

external windows? You won't get it bright enough in the day time to see in well with that film!  Makes no sense that they chose this film or you recommended it if they ever wanted to see in.

Edited by Ryker

It’s not the exterior windows they are having an issue with, It’s the interior office windows. The ladies sitting inside the office have (3) 3’x5’ windows that look into the smaller room. Because of the lighting situation the mirror effect is reversed. Meaning everyone waking into that small room can see into the office, but the staff can’t see out. 
I will say in our defense, we did this room at night time when the school was closed and all of the lights off except the small room we were working in so in those circumstances, the film worked great. With their current lighting situation, not so much. 

Picture had me confused.  Going to have to reduce the light in the external office more.  A roach said the DR films are the better choice because the are less reflective on the one side.  You could try an auto 35 on a window, office side, and see if it makes enough difference.

The office still needs to be at least 2 to 1 light difference.  The industry standard is 8 to 1 light ratio..  If the light difference isn't there then nothing will help.