Wrapping a 2001 Dodge Ram Hood

So I have a peeling hood on my truck and was thinking wrapping it might be a good solution.

I've never worked with wrap, so I don't know if this would be a good one to try myself or have it done professionally?

Also, what do you think I might expect to pay?

If it's something I can do myself, does anyone have any recommendations?

I was thinking flat black, as the truck is blue metallic and the paint is ok on the rest of it. Also, what material should I use?

Sorry for all the noob questions. :D 

I haven't done a ton of vinyl work so take everything I say here with a grain of salt. It's probably as good as any to attempt on your own, that hood is pretty wide in the rear corners so not sure how that's going to figure dimensionally for you without being able to measure it myself. You're going to need to address the peeling paint one way or another before wrapping it otherwise it'll give you adhesion problems and you'll see the ugly spots ghosted in the film. As far as material goes Avery is supposed to be the most forgiving for the beginner from what I've heard and in my limited experience. I've done some work with Avery, 3M, and most recently Hexis.

Avery satin. The flat will show a bit more of the imperfections and is more brittle when streaching. Plains is correct about the clear coat. By the time you lift and streach into place the clear will be stuck to the back of the film and the piece ruined.

You could have it sprayed with bedliner for a few hundred bux not have to screw with any of it.