Low angle haze

I have been using Avery Dennison's NR Nano Ceramic IR but I keep seeing cloudy results or low-angle haze.

I think some haze is acceptable as a trade-off for performance, but there are just some customers who may not be happy with the result.

Does anyone know of a tint manufacturer that has little to no low-angle haze? Preferably one without a $10k minimum monthly buy-in or something crazy like that.

Does this only affect ceramic tint?

I second the Global suggestion. If you can get past the color(khaki) of the 70% ceramic, it is the best performing film in their line.  It has amazing heat rejection properties at a 70% film with very little low angle haze.  I don't have anyone complain about it.  If you install 50% on windshields then you will LOVE the Global 50% ceramic. One of the prettiest films i've dealt with and I would say "almost" zero low angle haze.  It does not perform as well as the 70% in my opinion because they have almost the same "stats".  

@Dano Hang in there with the brand recognition. Just spit your knowledge and let them look it up if they want too.  Global is my favorite of the "big 3" and the recognition is getting out there. 

Edited by Bham

Im not that worried about brand recognition. Ive been getting work with Avery and its got little to no brand recognition as far as tint goes. I'm just looking for a good brand that I wont have an issue with. Avery is a fairly cheap option as far as Im aware, so I'm just getting ready to move into the big leagues with a more premium brand.

Ive used STek's tint and I was pretty happy with the way it looked, shrank and the overall experience with customer service has been great too. I stopped using it because their specs feel like they are below par compared to the other premium brands. Specifically their TSER. Their NEX line seems to be compared to Xpel Prime XR Plus, but the specs were more on the line of Prime XR. Anyone know how that TSER number is calculated? Is it just a calculation combining light rejected, transmitted, reflected, etc?

Looking into panaplex, autobahn, and global now. More specifically global because of recommendations.

3 hours ago, Bham said:

I second the Global suggestion. If you can get past the color(khaki) of the 70% ceramic, it is the best performing film in their line.  It has amazing heat rejection properties at a 70% film with very little low angle haze.   

I've got the ceramic 70 in a heat/light cube with the ceramic 30, HP30 and clear glass. That stuff is amazing, especially when you can see it side by side. I suspect it's two layers of ceramic base films laminated together to meter at 70vlt. I hope they never change it.

3 hours ago, Bham said:

@Dano Hang in there with the brand recognition. Just spit your knowledge and let them look it up if they want too.  Global is my favorite of the "big 3" and the recognition is getting out there. 

Thanks @Bham.  Believe it or not I really enjoy educating the customers to find out what they really need and not try to oversell just to turn a buck. Most of my new clients come from older referrals and when they find me I keep em for years.

For sure more people are catching on to the product name and I've yet to have a piece of HP or the ceramic fail that wasn't my own fault.

It's nice to know I'm not paying for a bunch of marketing collateral and a butt kissing salesman to travel around pass out tshirts and coffee cups that's added into the cost of my roll stock.