NEW guy, getting a## kicked

Guest vw4life

Guest vw4life

I need some help from you older guys. I am learning how to tint but the guy that is showing me sucks and has a short fuse for tesching, so I am having to learn on customers cars. YEa I know. But what I want to ask you guys is how in the He!! do you do the driver/pass window bottoms and the forward sides. I am doing fine with the top and not rolling it on the seal with the back as well, it's jus the tightness of the forward areas and the gutters on the inside. Is there also a way to jsut remove all seals on some cars? Thanks for your help guys. :evileye

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remove next to no panels anymore... I either remove gasket, pull back top of panel or tuck rubber ,use gasket wizard as last option...pull panel...whatever takes the least amount of time for gasket to get out of my way. Experience and reading TD posts will be the only way to know which cars you do what to :evileye

Guest tintgod

I pull 90% of the panels out there..if I can take the pop the top off the panel and take the seal out then I will do that...but this is coming form a poerson that takes alot of front glass out of cars too...if possible...but I know most ppl dont like to do that...they say it is a waste of time..but to me it isnt..if it makes I look better...I will do it....I really dont care how long it take...I want to make it look as good as I can....if that means taking out the glass..its getting done...I wouldnt recomment it to you though..I have been doing it that way for years..and I can get a car done just as fast with taking the glass out as I would with leaving it in... :gasp and this isnt no DMC... im just that good... :)

When you cut the pattern on the side windows cut the bottom of the window even with the outside scraper seal or just lay the straight edge even with the scraper seal.

I don't pull panels and no DMC here either but I will put my side windows against any panel or glass pullers side windows any day. :gasp

Archived