So, if there were NO tint laws. . .

Guest Wellington P Funk

Guest Wellington P Funk

Hey all,

Just wondering what's the darkest film you guys would install on your own personal cars if there were no restrictions on window tint. Personally, I'd probably stick with 35%, anything darker I'd start worrying about seeing the deer that populate the rural roads of Pennsylvania.

Also, if the law permitted, how many of you would be tinting your windsheilds? :gay

A friend of mine took me for a ride in his new Ford Ranger X-cab the other day. This kid self-installed 5% on the front D&P, put 5% over the factory dark glass on the rear window and the small side windows, and did an "eyebrow" across the top of the windshield that must have been 15"! At night, he had to hunch over the steering wheel to see below the eyebrow; seeing out the side windows was pretty tough, and cars behind us with their headlights on could hardly be seen!

Needless to say, I didn't spend too much time riding with him!

So, what would be your preferred setup on your personal ride?

-Bob

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my experiance, if you calmly explain the to the customers that are insistent on illegal tint YOUR liability if they k1ll someone and the tickets they could get and all you can convince them otherwise. They usually don't care about the ticket, but if you say what your liability is they will tend to understand a little better.

I've had a few though that just won't give it up, so I just say "I'll think about it, but you get NO warranty PERIOD and if it looks like shiat in 3 months, that's too bad". Even though I wouldn't have done it, 7 or 8 out of 10 say "Okay, lets just go as dark as the law permits". For the ones that say "K, I'll just risk no warranty then" I just tell them "You know, I just don't think I could do it because I'm not about to risk my job and my life for a few bucks on one persons window tint for them to run someone over in a cross walk and then have the tint be blamed and have it fall back on me for installing it."

My tint is legal. Why would I sport something that I wouldn't offer to the customers that come to the shop?

Now if there were NO restrictions, I'd probably go with 20% all around. Any darker is just asking for trouble, especially at night. "Okay, left turn at the light right here, then go 1 mile.....OH SHIAT!!! You just ran that little girl over in the crosswalk!!!" Yeah sounds like fun :gay

Guest nautiboi73

car-20% all around 05% visor.

the way I have it now anyway.

van 05% front 2 and Doouble 05% rear, with 05% visor

almost the way I have it now, but fronts are 35%.

Archived