2005 Corvette

Guest SunrayTint

Guest SunrayTint

Going to get a 2005 Vette in soon, has anyone actually tinted the back glass? Know it's changed, smaller, more rounded on sides. If you've tinted one, any tips on laying it down? Method of shrinking?

Guest Litespeeds

You are going to have a really fun time shrinking this one. It is definitely harder to do than the previous model Vette. The previous model was a little bit of challenge as you have to take your time not to overheat the film or crease it. This one is right up there with the Beetle and Eclipse, maybe even a little bit harder but will probably get easier as I work on more of them.

The big problem is the lower section of the window is so small that when you go to shrink the fingers at the bottom, they are very large because there isn't enough glass surface to spread them out evenly. The top is not too hard to shrink so you will need to spread your fingers out so that 60-65% of the excess film goes to the top.

I would suggest dry shrinking this one unless you are using the new Solargard film. Saw them shrinking their film at SEMA where they actually lift the film off the glass and heat the top of the film and you can shape it like that. It is a method that I haven't seen before and heard that it doesn't work on all films.

Archived