Which Tint With NAVI? / Pics

Guest Doc Holliday

Guest Litespeeds

If you are worried about any loss of reception, you should probably go with a non-metalized film like Llumar AT Charcoal, Suntek Carbon, 3M Color Stable or Solargard True Grey.

We have been tinting for several of the local Acura dealerships and have been using the Suntek HP Charcoal film without any problems regarding to radio reception loss so you are pretty safe with any of these films. I probably would not suggest going with an all metal film.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Doc Holliday
If you are worried about any loss of reception, you should probably go with a non-metalized film like Llumar AT Charcoal, Suntek Carbon, 3M Color Stable or Solargard True Grey. 

We have been tinting for several of the local Acura dealerships and have been using the Suntek HP Charcoal film without any problems regarding to radio reception loss so you are pretty safe with any of these films.  I probably would not suggest going with an all metal film.

[*]229373

Okay out of the one's metioned above... Do any of them offer a lifetime warranty and come in 28%?

I hate 35%... I think I might just have to go with 3M's Color Stable and do it 20% all the way around... The problem is that this will be cash, no paperwork and I'll have to use an inspector that will look the other way...

If I could get a lifetime warranty and edge the legal limit with a Straight Dyed film it would be perfect... Like Centaur (sputtered Alloy) comes in 28% and 18%.... That combined with little tint in the original glass will be perfect at around 25% on the sides NET... and I'll do 18% on the back..

This would be legal and I keep my warranty and all that : o ) Everybody wins.

Okay So, I need a Straight Dyed film with a lifetime warranty at 28%. In Dallas, TX .

Guest Doc Holliday
Doc...

Ceramic may be costly, however it is effective against electronic signal disruption and still providing you a greater solar rejection than straight-dyed films. Hyper Optics is one film product using an infrared (IR) absorbing deposition in its structure. FormulaOne is has another based in color-stable (CS) dye technology combined with a IR deposition for greater solar rejection than straight-dyed.

Centaur is as you stated a sputtered alloy and WILL interfere with your GPS signal. Also, it is NOT a color stable product so the little dye that it does contain will turn a different color over time as the sun bleaches.

I see where someone mentioned LLumar's ATR charcoal... this is another product that WILL interfere with GPS signal strength even though it is a color-stable/metalized product that performs well.

Straight-dyed color-stable (LLumar's AT Charcoal, FormulaOne Classic), other non CS straight-dyed or pigmented products such as MMM's CS, Solar Gard's True Grey, all will NOT interfere with Navi, yet only provide a moderate amount of solar rejection in comparison to metalized or IR deposition films.

Of course there are many other brand names in the marketplace, these mentioned above are but a few for exampling.

Good luck... :wall

[*]228431

I would love to do Formula One Classic but that guy is the only dealer and he won't do 20% all the way around...

LLumar's AT Charcoal doesn't have a lifetime warranty.. I think it's 3yrs if that..

centaur is rather blue. what color is your car?

[*]228485

White.. is that a pic of llumar centaur... what percent?

[*]228517

that's centaur 38%... in the shade, and not cured. centaur gets decidedly less cloudy as it dries.

Guest TintPoser
I hate 35%... I think I might just have to go with 3M's Color Stable and do it 20% all the way around... The problem is that this will be cash, no paperwork and I'll have to use an inspector that will look the other way...
Okay So, I need a Straight Dyed film with a lifetime warranty at 28%. In Dallas, TX .

I don't know of a dyed film that has a lifetime on fade?

Can't have both ways, and with navii, your best bet is carbon or ceramic.

Guest Litespeeds

I think the SolarGard comes in 28% and is lifetime warranty with color stability as well as the Llumastar AT Charcoal which I think they have a 22% or something like that. Since I am not currently a Llumar dealer, I don't know the exact numbers.

Guest Doc Holliday
I think the SolarGard comes in 28% and is lifetime warranty with color stability as well as the Llumastar AT Charcoal which I think they have a 22% or something like that.  Since I am not currently a Llumar dealer, I don't know the exact numbers.

[*]229744

Solorguard comes in 23%, 17%, and 35% which I hate...

http://www.solargard.com/index.cfm/fuseact...e.Stats_Auto_NR

23% is under the legal limit and I want it but they won't do it.... without voiding my warranty.

Llumar's AT CH has 3 yr warranty and comes in 20% and 35%

http://www.llumar.com/na-eng/Automotive/car-styler.html

:rock Those stats are for NR grey, NOT True Grey. You're looking at old stats, or the wrong stats on both films. Solar Gard True Grey comes in 28%...Here it is with 38% on the fronts, 28 on the rear sect. And it's color stable w/lifetime warranty. Been on my van for 5 years, sits outside every day, no color change yet.

Guest Doc Holliday
:beer Those stats are for NR grey, NOT True Grey. You're looking at old stats, or the wrong stats on both films.  Solar Gard True Grey comes in 28%...Here it is with 38% on the fronts, 28 on the rear sect. And it's color stable w/lifetime warranty. Been on my van for 5 years, sits outside every day, no color change yet.

[*]229829

Finally, I think we might have something if the collor is not grey looking... Umm... Why is it called true grey? Does it look black or grey or is it just a name ? It looks great on that car... Doesn't really look grey to me but, I'm about to check into that film... Thank you for the post.

Guest Doc Holliday
:beer Those stats are for NR grey, NOT True Grey. You're looking at old stats, or the wrong stats on both films.  Solar Gard True Grey comes in 28%...Here it is with 38% on the fronts, 28 on the rear sect. And it's color stable w/lifetime warranty. Been on my van for 5 years, sits outside every day, no color change yet.

[*]229829

Finally, I think we might have something if the collor is not grey looking... Umm... Why is it called true grey? Does it look black or grey or is it just a name ? It looks great on that car... Doesn't really look grey to me but, I'm about to check into that film... Thank you for the post.

[*]229866

I spoke too soon.. The tint looks fine but I think it has metal in it that could possible disrupt my Navigation unit...

http://www.solargard.com/index.cfm/fuseact...igh_Performance

That's the only other thing I'm worried about... Is the metal in the film...

Archived