Which Tint With NAVI? / Pics

Guest Doc Holliday

Guest Doc Holliday

I can't afford ceramic and don't want 35% on the sides.

For dyed film... I've looked at most all the manufacturers including madico, solarguard, formula one classic , etc.

I'm either going to go with:

-3M's Color Stable w/ lifetime (20% illegally all the way around)

-Llumar's Centaur (Sputtered Alloy) w/ lifetime (legal 18% back and 28% on the sides.

The guy said that the Centaur was a good film that has a slight shine to it and it makes it look like the glass is cleaner. I wonder if this SUV is done in Centaur... or just a premium dye...

http://www.llumar.com/na-eng/Automotive/car-styler.html

Any Thoughts?

If anyone has used Llumar Centaur film please let me know if the sputtered alloy will disrupt my NAVI unit and does this film look good?

Please post pictures especially of the Centaur film if you have any.

Sincerely,

Jeremy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Doc Holliday
Location?

[*]228402

I'm in Dallas, TX with a 2000 Acura TL with NAVI

I'm also going to have a BMW 325i tinted the same way if I can ever settle on one.

the law is 25% on the sides NET

Inspection is 20%

I want 20% all the way around but then I have to go to a special inspector and I won't get any paperwork from the Tinter.

If Centaur looks good (not too mirror like) like a shiny black and it doesn't mess my Navigation unit up then I'll go with it... all about the NAVI.

Because I'll stay on the edge of the law and I'll be able to inspect it anywhere.

28% on sides and 18% on the back is what I'll go with.

But, if Centaur is mirror like and/or disrupts my Navigation Unit then I'll have to go with Regular Dyed film and since I hate 35%... I'll do the 20% all the way around... Most salesmen try to push me to do 20% on the back and 35% on the sides... But, I don't want 35 because I have had it before and it was too light for me. I wish they made a premium dyed film in 28% with a lifetime warranty.

Doc...

Ceramic may be costly, however it is effective against electronic signal disruption and still providing you a greater solar rejection than straight-dyed films. Hyper Optics is one film product using an infrared (IR) absorbing deposition in its structure. FormulaOne is has another based in color-stable (CS) dye technology combined with a IR deposition for greater solar rejection than straight-dyed.

Centaur is as you stated a sputtered alloy and WILL interfere with your GPS signal. Also, it is NOT a color stable product so the little dye that it does contain will turn a different color over time as the sun bleaches.

I see where someone mentioned LLumar's ATR charcoal... this is another product that WILL interfere with GPS signal strength even though it is a color-stable/metalized product that performs well.

Straight-dyed color-stable (LLumar's AT Charcoal, FormulaOne Classic), other non CS straight-dyed or pigmented products such as MMM's CS, Solar Gard's True Grey, all will NOT interfere with Navi, yet only provide a moderate amount of solar rejection in comparison to metalized or IR deposition films.

Of course there are many other brand names in the marketplace, these mentioned above are but a few for exampling.

Good luck... :lol6

Guest tintgod

the SUNTEK CARBON claim not to interfer with navi and cellphone signal...I havent used it yet...so can tell you it works from my experience...but something to look into.. :DD

Archived