monte carlo problems

Guest Karilyn

Guest Karilyn

I need help with getting my buddy's monte tinted correctly. I think I might just be a perfectionist or maybe I just really suck, but I have tried to one piece it twice already and I keep making a big mess of it. Dirt specks everywhere...I haven't been doing this long, but I know I am just missing something...HELP!

Guest Karilyn
first the most obvious advice would be, what are you putting in your sprayer? how are you applying it? etc etce

[*]239565

I am putting ivory soap in the sprayer along with H2O. Several older tinters told me that ivory soap was the way to go, but I have seen a lot of bad old tint jobs. :evilgrin

I think that's a lil too strong when using dont you think? makes your film slip way to much when squeeging out water.

use J&J baby shampoo, heard of that?

most people use a few drops, but iv'e done it so much time that I just squirt it into my sprayer I know how much I need.

try that. smoother transaction.

I need help with getting my buddy's monte tinted correctly.  of it.  Dirt specks everywhere...I haven't been doing this long, but I know I am just missing something...HELP!

[*]239463

How committed are you to getting a good tint job, belive it or not my very first tint job came out excellant, keep in mind I tinted some of the windows as many as 8 times to get it that way and spent all day for two days tinting it, I didn't really end up saving any money doing it myself but my goal was to learn how to tint. If your goal is to tint it yourself all the information is here you may have to spend several days reading this forum and try the back window several times before you get it right.Good luck :thumb

so are you saying mine wasnt?? :inot

[*]240879

Since you took the time to ask , I'll take the time to answer your question honestly...I only make a point of posting "Good post" when a member here does a great job of cutting to the heart of the question or thier response promotes the person doing the asking to greatly narrow down the field of dispensed advice rather than take a shot in the dark.

For example... although the advice you dispensed is good...it's a great possibility that it had nothing to do with the requested advice..dirt specks everywhere could also mean he hits the liner with his head while loading in the peice of tint, it could mean the dirt is sliding off his template glass hanging on the wall B4 install , it could mean his bottle is dirty inside, etc,etc

All of these things have been covered...which Mr P is suggesting to check out the previous posts that we have taken the time to cover B4 ....or if he's not interested at all in pursuing this as a career , there is no point in going through the archives of TD because it simply won't be worth his time ...he'll most likely get hung up on the next step ..being a perfectionist as he says he is...he's better of to hear it from a pro that he will be disappointed in the outcome since tinting a perfect job as mentioned won't happen over night, but if he's in it for the long haul...we'll point him in the right direction.

That is why off the top of my head is one of th qualities that make a good post... it narrows the questions down so it doesn't become like a clogged colon around here :hide

Archived