windshield strip

Guest Jason

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea. I do something similar with ppf, Only I use 3m pre-mask for my template. The stuff is extremly expensive tho. Im guessing freezer paper is much cheeper.

Thanks for the tip

Thanks. Took a while to find it, but tint terrorist had a good way of doing it with the roll holder. I had to read it a few times to figure out what the hell he was saying, but I got it.  :inot

[*]243377

:inot that's TINT TERRORIST for ya :spit:spit

Guest pAiNtBaLlEr88

Oh, I always thought they measured it with the height. The method you described does seem more logical due to the variation of the area of sight on different cars. I like your method of doing that TD, but I don't understand how to get that line that you draw from the several marks from each inch to be parallel, or am I missing something?

Guest tintjob@yahoo

I, personally, like the natural curve that the the factory edge gives you... on modern cars....... the cut TD is talking about I like on muscle trucks, that where I use his method :spit

Guest pAiNtBaLlEr88

Thanks TD.

FX, so you need to cut the tint a little differently when doing a visor on the newer, modern cars since they have a factory curve to them? Annnd, I'm guessing if it is curved and the visor is big enough, you'd have to wet shrink the film first before installing?

Archived