Sometimes I worry about my tinters...

For  the most part I think most tinters are over worked and under paid, thats why you always see people on here wondering why they can't keep good tinters,if your tinter is tinting 4 cars a day every day and he is not takeing home 50K he is under paid and that is based on 4 cars a day 5 days a week at a  conservative $159 car and him getting 30 % :hmmm

[*]295875

Why don't you pay a straight weekly wage? :lol

Devil

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint
For? the most part I think most tinters are over worked and under paid, thats why you always see people on here wondering why they can't keep good tinters,if your tinter is tinting 4 cars a day every day and he is not takeing home 50K he is under paid and that is based on 4 cars a day 5 days a week at a?? conservative $159 car and him getting 30 % :lol

[*]295875

Why don't you pay a straight weekly wage? :hmmm

Devil

[*]295980

Taxes... paying a commission in many ways benefits the shop owner... :lol At least it was for me back in the days.

What Mr. P speaks above was the scenario in my shops back in Florida... difference being in the %... I paid higher than 30... I wanted to keep my installers, too and didn't have any biz sense. :lol

All them peeps talking old can keep on talking old and soon find out they are... me? I am not old, but 4-5 cars a day was my fill from the time I found my groove to the time I stopped doing it on a daily basis.

I am not old
I am older... old is always 15 years older than I am today. :lol

Guest pmuzik
For  the most part I think most tinters are over worked and under paid,

[*]295875

Looks like a good time to ask for a raise TTC after that comment :gasp

Guest Guest
hey Zolar...you forget to sign in?  :lol

[*]296051

:thumb

[*]296082

Yeah but I still signed it :bat

Busy weekend, glad to go back to 4-5 cars a day

I need the break.

Z

Guest autotinter

you arn't overworking, them, but take care of them by buying them coffee, doughnuts, lunch, small gifts, sometimes it the little things that keep people happy,just showing u appreciate there work. My last boss 5 years ago would book 5, or 6 cars, a day I would do them, some rushed, if there was still time left in the day, he would book extras, with not even a thank you, thats why I quit and started my own shop,best thing I ever did!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Corsa_stu

we have 2 tinters, myself and the bosses son.. on my owen if the work is in I can do about 6 cars a day.. depends in the cars tho.. small cars like vauxhall (opel) corsa's (3 or 5 door hatch backs) will take an average of an hour.. just depends.. my specialty is a corsa(which I own!) can be done from start to finish including cleaning it up 2 in 30 mins...

but to be honest if I dont have allot of work in I take longer to do the job....

Archived