baked vs film tints???

Guest Guest_ryan_*

I bet they wanna charge 600 bucks to take the glass out and bake it on :uh wonder that they charge :uh

one thing though, I bet they dont take the backglass out and BAKE IT :uh since all back windows today are GLUED in :lol so what the use in having the doors BAKED and the back glass made to cure out in the sun :lol unless they put a heat lamp on the glass :uh

I wouldnt want anybody taking my door panels off and the glass out personally :uh

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet they wanna charge 600 bucks to take the glass out and bake it on :uh wonder that they charge :uh

one thing though, I bet they dont take the backglass out and BAKE IT :uh since all back windows today are GLUED in :lol so what the use in having the doors BAKED and the back glass made to cure out in the sun :lol unless they put a heat lamp on the glass :uh

I wouldnt want anybody taking my door panels off and the glass out personally :lol

[*]302812

that's about what we used to charge as late as 99, for a complete stations wagon, we would charge about 350-405$, and we would get abunch of business, back in the early ninetys, late ninetys we were the only shop around, and the biggest, so, time has gone by time has changed so I guess you get the idea. :uh

They advertise solargard tint, lots of guys here use that tint and dont BAKE IT ON. The only advantage there would be to taking the glass out and "BAKING IT" would be that the tint is fully cured and you can roll your windows down immediately after you leave.

VS.

Tinting it the normal way and having to wait a day or two for it to cure on its own from the sun radiating heat onto the glass, either way its baked on :cool

[*]302793

Woof, woof......Mdog is right! Only apple pies are baked. :cool

Devil

Guest Guest

no....I'm not kidding.... I went to one shop and they just straight up told me no.

My roomate, got it done, the place is closed now

hmmmm :cool I wonder why they're closed now? :wall

[*]302898

Because they were on of those 'No receipt, cash and dash' type places! :lol

As to the other guest's request for dark tint... It's nothing but a cop magnet and an unsolicited spit in the face to the window film industry. :cool

I would ask to see how it is done and if the glass is actually taken out sprayed probably from some type of paint gun process and then put into a oven and cured...sounds like a cool way to do the tinting...I have been tinting 16 years and have never seen it been asked a few times....they say oh yeah a place in flordia does it....I don't want that paper stuff...so I give them the option of the paper stuff from me or removing all there glass crating it to flordia and then getting it back undamaged and reinstalled...sounds like to much work for me...

if they won't show you there baking process it is .... :lol2 a heat gun after you are finished is not baked and your baked if you buy it...

Archived