Newbie tinting questions...

Guest Quake120

Guest Quake120

Wow I really hit a nerve with this post. That is awesome. Regardless of the "advice" most of you have given, it isin't going to stop me from tinting windows, getting practice, etc. For using cheap Checker Auto brand tint, I think I get pretty good results. I'll have to post some pics.

Anyways, this post has gone on WAY too long...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, if you want to continue go all out right now.

Buy yourself some real squeeges, real bottles, real knives/blades, a good heat gun, and a few rolls of cheap film.

When I look back at life before the yellow turbo and pressure sprayer I wonder how I even continued practicing.

For using cheap Checker Auto brand tint, I think I get pretty good results. I'll have to post some pics.

[*]314850

quality tint installs, heats, feals, and cuts different then dumpster tint

pick a brand, call the rep, get some samples and ask if they have any odd cut rolls that they want to get rid of cheep. so you can practice with it.

take darkdans advice and get some real tools they make a BIG difference. but ask tinters what they use most, probably yellow turbo, blue max, olfa or red dot knife, pressure sprayer, couple of lil chislers, and teflon or gold hard card. other then that you have as many options as preferences.

tint is an art, learn it and you will go far. :spank

If baby shampoo and joy are not reccommended what is?

[*]324772

they're just not recommended by the 'experts' at LLullu. I've been using them (and dawn) for years. funny....I've never had any problems. :rest

but what do I know??? I'm no expert. just a guy with some experience. :shock

Guest metint

Let's see... N. W. and Washington State climate verses... hmmm Australia, Texas, Florida... pretty much anything a last up there even with beer mixed in as anti-freeze.

I'm not an expert either, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :shock

Let's see...  N. W. and Washington State climate verses... hmmm Australia, Texas, Florida... pretty much anything a last up there even with beer mixed in as anti-freeze.

I'm not an expert either, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :rollin

[*]324833

:thumb:lol2

Archived