Factory tint is not tint at all

Guest mastertinter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its called batch. the color goes all the way through. Don't believe me? Break one and check out one of the pieces.

Some is coated, early SUVs like Suburbans had the coating on the inside surface.

None is dipped all the way around.

Nice try. :)

[*]321558

Yeah, and the crap on the early Suburbans and such used to deteriorate and look like crap after a few years... with no chance of removal.

It has been a while since I have been on here, but I see a point in this statement. This knowledge is more of a marketing tool than anything. If you explain to a customer who comes in for just two fronts. That by tinting the rear end of thier car they will actualy save gas money. Because it will help cut down on ac use as we all know it will. You will find your self selling alot more jobs that where only two fronts. and some factory glass will only make the truck even hotter becuase it has no heat reflectance at all. It absorbs the heat and can only push it inside.

Guest tint rookie
It has been a while since I have been on here, but I see a point in this statement. This knowledge is more of a marketing tool than anything. If you explain to a customer who comes in for just two fronts. That by tinting the rear end of thier car they will actualy save gas money. Because it will help cut down on ac use as we all know it will. You will find your self selling alot more jobs that where only two fronts.  and some factory glass will only make the truck even hotter becuase it has no heat reflectance at all. It absorbs the heat and can only push it inside.

[*]323063

its not a selling tool if its innacurate

Guest tint rookie

you obviously dont know much about staying in buss. do ya....

overcoming misinforming your customers, providing inacurate information to your customers, getting called on it, and beating the rap of a shop full of liars.....

I skipped that chapter, as I wont need it.

glad you were paying attention though, since you choose to run your bizz that way.

maybe you need to read the first post again....

Is it lying to tell a customer that by tinting the back end of your truck or suv. Will save you money in gas becuase what the factory put on there. Is not nearly as effective as I film I could install . As far cutting down heat . No it is not a lie becuase as we all know it will reduce gas consumption caused by ac use. By reducing the amount of heat allowed into the vehicle. and then I will even go into the saftey aspect of after market window film. I suppose I am lying to them when I tell them that. If in an accident the film will stay intact and hold the glass together. Keeping out of the kids eyes .

So before you start spouting off about proper sales tactics. Learn how to sell what it is your trying to sell. It is not wrong to down sell another product on based on the flaws of the product. It is how business is done everyday.

Guest metint

The last time I posted this the thread was removed, but to end this sell or not sell film on factory 'dark' glass... sell based on what pierce alludes to; protection from flying glass and improvement over the following numbers:

Dark glass TSER comes in around 40%, UV around 60%, VLT around 20%

Reflective glass TSER can be around 60%, UV around 80% and VLT around 20%

Again, the actual performance values are located on any glass manufacturer's web site under automotive glass.

Guest tint rookie

thus saying there is NO protection from factory tint would be a lie.

as for downselling another product.....if you really believed in your product (or as you worded know what your selling) you should be upselling yourself rather than putting down someonene else...... real professional.