New tint bill includes jail time

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since my business survives off legal tint only and always has..I would welcome such a law that would level out the playing field and get rid of the h@ck shops that couldn't make it doing legal tint ...my only REAL concern would be if the law didn't stop there..if they kept pushing to 50% ..then 70%..then non at all ..or you get jail time.

however if they are going to have a law like that the police need to learn the law, in the last couple of years I have had 3 people get a ticket with 35% on there doors :lol can your imagine doing jailtime because an officer didn't do his homework( it will never pass) :lol

Interesting article, but this poses some problems here.

It is quite obvious whoever wrote this had no clue about installing aftermarket window film on vehicles. When this happens,everyone looses.

There is one interview with anyone in the industry. Wow what a great interview :lol

There are no laws prohibiting the installation of !llegal tint. Roger Griffi ths, outside sales coordinator with Ameristar Auto Outfi tters in Waterford, which specializes in window tinting, said his company does warn customers of the consequences of !llegal window tinting but will still perform the work

The person who wrote the bill missed the point of !llegal installations. This is typical of what I have seen throughout the years.

Had the writers of the article and the bill contacted others in the industry, we all would be all for this. But we won't be because it will be totally of base.

One thing I do agree with

I'm not taking it off," she said. "I had the windows tinted to keep the sun out of my face and out of my child's face. If it's !llegal for people to have the tint, it should be !llegal for the shops to put it on."

Rock on lady!

Smacks of the failed attempt to reign in Dr*g dealers by passing petty laws... not enough room as it is in them there jails for a cops mistaken interpretation of the law.

I agree with TW though, it sure would weed out the limo hacks... :lol

Archived