• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest alphatinter

Solarguard is made by llumar, but with out the price tag :eyebrows

[*]328391

oh dayamn :finger:

[*]328402

Ok, Blade, who makes llumar? the head company? the search and find out who makes solarguard, their head company, and tell us? If you know? Do you? If you don't why are you baggin on some one that does? :finger:

Solargard is made in Cali..at the SOLAR Gard factory...Llumar is made by CP, in Virginia...SG gets SOME raw material ffrom CP, CP does not MAKE the end product. Bekaert owns SG, a Dutch company. Before you go telling people that have been around this industry for decades, better make sure you know what you're talking about. No 2 brands are the same. :eyebrows

Solargard is made in Cali..at the SOLAR Gard factory...Llumar is made by CP, in Virginia...SG gets SOME raw material ffrom CP, CP does not MAKE the end product. Bekaert owns SG, a Dutch company. Before you go telling people that have been around this industry for decades, better make sure you know what you're talking about. No 2 brands are the same.  :eyebrows

[*]328405

:) Alpha bets it ain't so... :?

Get fockin real, dude... apparently you've been reading some site a sales person put together. :finger:

:finger: LLu makes SG.... :? That's as good as it gets. :phone

ok ive been using johnson now for the last couple years but I was thinking about trying some llumar because so many people around here are always asking for it but is the stuff really much better? its almost xx - xx dollars more per roll than im paying now and that will cut my margin down. The only issue im having is the sil series always looks a little to silver from the outside than what I want if I use a 15 on the rear and 25 on the front it makes a big difference. and I hear shrinking is a little better with llumar?

[*]328324

Why is it everyone compares cost at the roll level?

Had one say their film is almost half a C note less than LLu's and what they buy is comparable to it. :eyebrows If it was it would be as well known as the other.

Half a C note on a 20 inch film = approximately 12.50 per car difference... Takes real salesmanship to get that additional $15 per car to make up the difference and pocket a little more profit.

Raise your prices if you can't pay for a old timer, been around making film for years, type product.

Gas has gone up twice what it use to be and there's more of them on every street corner than there are tint shops. What fear is keeping a tint shop owner from doing the same? Take the step, take a gamble... or remain as you are... isn't that the basis for entrapenuership... taking risks?

Floyd... pm me a UPS addy and I'll get you a sample to play with.

I'll get you a sample to play with.

[*]328461

perhaps you could politely drop a hint to the "G" Atlanta dist, as I have not ever seen a rep from llu-lu

I am very intrested in the hp or color-stable stuff, as a step up line

I sent in my info 2 or 3 years ago, and got some beat up sample books,

and a poorly photo-copied price sheet.

The persons that answer the phone conduct themselves as though

they could care less if I bought film from them, or not.

it is great film....but not that good :finger:

I have yet to speak with a salesperson

I called llu-lu directly last week to request current pricing and info

they promptly fowarded me back to the Atlanta G unit :eyebrows

they did not have my info, so I have to go through the whole thing agin.

I am gonna buy a higher end film from someone :finger:

but the relationship has to be as good, or better than the product.

:phone help a brother out, I would love to try some of that papa

Z

Archived