Help! Contamination after tinting

Guest newtintr

Guest newtintr

Hi all. Newbie here. I just finished tinting my wife's car last night. Overall, it turned out very nice. However, this morning I noticed there's a couple strands of the headliner lint material in the back glass! :spit Any recommandations from you pros on how I could get rid of them? Don't tell me I need to redo the whole thing again!

I also found one big piece of dust under the driver side window that my wife couldn't stop bitching about. It's one of those dusts that's tall enough to cause a noticeable bubble around it. Any ways to get rid of it without redo the whole glass? Thanks guys for your time.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also found one big piece of dust under the driver side window that my wife couldn't stop bitching about.

[*]329822

Tell her to digout HER wallet and take it to someone that makes thier living tinting cars as to not have people complain about the workmanship :spit

..and yes, the only way to get rid of contamination is to redo I (now you'll have glue to contend with )

The only other thing you can do to minimize the effect of the contamination is to wrap a hard point(like a corner of a credit card) in a soft towel and try to flatten down the surrounding air that is around the contamination(be sure not to rip the tint while doing so ) :linedrink

Guest tint rookie

you can bury it in the adhesive......heat plus a hard card. contamination will still be there. but maybe a lil less noticable.

if youre ol lady dont like it, send her back into the kitchen. or to a shop and she can nag about having to pay for the removal.

Archived