Help! Contamination after tinting

Guest newtintr

Guest newtintr
Yeah..I do tons of these cars for the dealer..I prefere over cutting the sides since they are a sloppy window with lots of play ...and lots of room on the inside to do it with ..

wonder if it's a sport hatch or the sedan :bingo

[*]330195

It's a sedan. I don't have any light gaps around the edges because I bought that pre-cut stuff from tintkits. Perfect fit. No cutting was necessary. I'm no pro so wanted to skip that headache step of cutting to shape. Overall was a pretty good experience. Took me about 6 hours to do the whole car. I attempted that dry shrinking method using softner sheets but couldn't get the film to stay down at the anchor. So I cleaned that residue up and did a wet shrink. Worked out fine. I'm going to help my nephew do his 05 Civic SE Coupe this Friday. Heard many horror stories about it. Any tips or pointers for the newb?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah..I do tons of these cars for the dealer..I prefere over cutting the sides since they are a sloppy window with lots of play ...and lots of room on the inside to do it with ..

wonder if it's a sport hatch or the sedan :bingo

[*]330195

It's a sedan. I don't have any light gaps around the edges because I bought that pre-cut stuff from tintkits. Perfect fit. No cutting was necessary.

[*]330216

So assuming you didn't pull back the tops of the panels or remove the panels altogether, how'd you make out with contamination and creasing along the bottom of your dr windows :lol2

Guest newtintr

So assuming you didn't pull back the tops of the panels or remove the panels altogether, how'd you make out with contamination and creasing along the bottom of your dr windows :thumb

[*]330224

Actually, I did remove the door panels. Even though I'm not a pro, I still want my job to come out decent. Since I like to tinker with cars in my spare time, taking off the panels weren't that bad. Took me less than 10 minutes to take out all 4 panels from the doors. From reading all the helpful tips on this site, I learned alot about tinting and not cutting any corners (no pun intended). So, I took the extra effort of removing all the panels. Still pissed off about that piece of dust on the driver door. Oh well, I'll get better with more practice.

By the way, I found out that Civic I'm tinting this Friday has that nasty band of dot matrix in the back glass. Again, from the helpful tips here, I went out and bought a stick of the Elmer's glue. Let's see if I would have any luck with it.

Guest pushingfingers

for the back glass u could seam it on the top defroster, strip the top piece with the dirt and just replace the top contaminated piece

kindof like 2 piecing the window

and for the drivers door; reedoo....

Guest newtintr
good luck with the other one and congrats for getting your first one done

You seem to have a better attitude than some of the other noobs the last couple of weeks

Keep working hard and it will come :poke

[*]330621

Thanks. I'll keep trying. I think alot of noobs have an attitude coming on this site because they think this stuff is easy. After doing the first car, this is truly an artform to master. I definitely have a lot of respect for all you pros doing this day in and day out working on different challenging cars all the time. You guys deserve every penny you make.

Thanks.  I'll keep trying.  I think alot of noobs have an attitude coming on this site because they think this stuff is easy.  After doing the first car, this is truly an artform to master.  I definitely have a lot of respect for all you pros doing this day in and day out working on different challenging cars all the time.  You guys deserve every penny you make.

[*]330748

I gotta print this and post it in my shop for som customers to read ..that was a nice stroke :poke

Archived