Anyone Heard of the following for B/G install?

Guest chip01

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I install back glass's is to put my back glass film on my applicator stand upside down so the bottom of the window is on the top. Then I pull the liner off comletely wetting it as I go. Fold the sides into the middle so that glue is touching glue. This will cover the entire film except for the bottom middle of the film (which is at the top). That is the only palce that will pick up contamination (if any). I wet this area real good then I run into the car and wet down the back glass. Then carefully walking backwards and slowly I bring the film into the car. Placing the film on the rear deck I open up the film. Then I get underneath the film and apply the film to the back glass starting with the middle bottom and working my way out to the sides and top. Not like it helps any but once I start opening up the film I hold my breath and pray to myself that I get no contamination :mad

This has worked out very well for me and have had no noticable (to the consumers eye) contamination.

I don't know where I learned this or heard this, otherwise I'd give credit where credit is due. But its what I've always done.

My :bat

The way I install back glass's is to put my back glass film on my applicator stand upside down so the bottom of the window is on the top. Then I pull the liner off comletely wetting it as I go.  Fold the sides into the middle so that glue is touching glue. 

I don't know where I learned this or heard this, otherwise I'd give credit where credit is due. But its what I've always done.

My  :gasp

[*]330976

TTC has posted of this method of back glass install... maybe that's where...

Archived