Need some Help

Guest FIREMAN68

Guest FIREMAN68

I have a customer that want me to tint a 3ft by 4ft window at a hospital. He told me that he wants this window to be as dark as possible and dose not want to see threw it. So my question is if I was to put limo on this window and its still isn't dark enough for this guy can I put another layer of limo over the first one? If yes how long should I let the first layer dry before I put on the second. And if this was you how much would you charge for a job like this. Im thinking I should charge alot for this job due to this guy only wanting me to do one window.

Thanks to those who respond. :gasp

Guest FIREMAN68
Does the window get sun exposure-is it insulated-tempered? You need to know these things! :gasp ss

[*]331405

no sun.

he said that it was going to be a lab room

I have a customer that want me to tint a 3ft by 4ft window at a hospital.  He told me that he wants this window to be as dark as possible and dose not want to see threw it. So my question is if I was to put limo on this window and its still isn't dark enough for this guy can I put another layer of limo over the first one?  If yes how long should I let the first layer dry before I put on the second.  And if this was you how much would you charge for a job like this.  Im thinking I should charge alot for this job due to this guy only wanting me to do one window.

Thanks to those who respond. :gasp

[*]331402

Firemang

If it is an interior window blackout film wont allow you to see anything

opaque white (frost) may also obscure vision enough for privacy, and allow a full spectrum of light

if it is an exterior window that gets direct sunlight

.....no darker than 20% ..........unless it is reflective

or the seals , and/or glass could be broken

from the glass absorbing the solar energy, instead of reflecting it

I personally would avoid laminating layers of film

but I have done it in the past without incident with

20% Stainless Steel over 35% Solar Bronze

08.jpg

here's some of that blackout

if you cant get a sample...I could get you a 3'x4' piece of blackout for this job

so you won't need to order a partial roll

I might even have some opaque white

PM me if you need it :gasp

if you put a non black out film or white opaque,

say you put 5% limo or 20%.

if the lights are "on" and the people from the exterior of the lab are looking in, they can, because of the light inside the room or the brightness...

What did you end up using??

I know it's after the fact, but I would agree with trying to see if the white frost would do the job. I've done a number of jobs in medical buildings with white frost. This one we did on both sides.. Very hard to see anything from either side, but let light thru.

But on the flip side, I've also done blackout where they need total darkness..

RoAcH

Archived