extra slip....

Guest tint rookie

of the baby shapoos out there.

happiest w/gold J&J

tangle free left streaks on the door panels

generics, in cold weather seemed to coagulate and wouldnt mix well (clumpy), I smell everycar product I buy, stupid reason, I know, but they dont smell as nice.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyoen ever thought of this ! shampoo can only be bad for film in the long run . it is meant to clean things meaning it has detergents that are there to break down substances . I feel in the long run it can only add to film adhesive failure being your installing it with something you would remove substances with . there are companys that have install chemicals that have no detergent in the solution why would you not want to use them???

Guest unsivilized
Has anyoen ever thought of this ! shampoo can only be bad for film in the long run . it is meant to clean things meaning it has detergents that are there to break down substances . I feel in the long run it can only add to film adhesive failure being your installing it with something you would remove substances with . there are companys that have install chemicals that have no detergent in the solution why would you not want to use them???

[*]332567

I have used JJ since day one, never ever had a problem with it...... and from my experience install chemicals dont provide enough slip and is expensive, compared to a $1 bottle of JJ

[*]332567

I have used JJ since day one, never ever had a problem with it...... and from my experience install chemicals dont provide enough slip and is expensive, compared to a $1 bottle of JJ

[*]332569

A bottle of film-on is only 5$ or so- enough to do about 100 cars I figure.

5cents a car- not a huge bruise in the ol profit margin.

I started out using baby shampoo- but found it hard to measure accuratly, theres nothing worse than too much slip.

Id rather use whats meant to be used.

Guest unsivilized
You ssay you never had a problem with it .so you have never had adhesive failure  if so what did you blame it on ?? ever think the process could be enhanced form the detergents in the soap ?

[*]332573

never had a problem with adhesive failure, I have 2 kids a 4 year old and a 3 month old....if JJ is good for them its good for tint ;) and there hair hasnt fallen out yet ;)

Most adhesives wear over time anyways

Well knowing detergent is meant to break things down it can only be bad in the long term .yes j&j have less of it but its still there . So when I offer a LTW I am going to make sure I do everything possible to make the life of the film as long as can be . But unlike most retail shops who think along the lines most people only keep a car for a couple years and even then most dont keep the receipt so they dont care anyways I dont want some guy at the gas station in 5 years saying hey you guys did my windows and now they look like crap . I have had my film on my mustang for a few years and it still looks as good today as it did when new

Guest Soonerfan
THE SLIP WORKS GREAT !`

[*]331692

Yeah I think the SLIP works great also flyin'. That is all I use. You have to add more slip during the summer so that it can be slick though. :lol6

Archived