extra slip....

I am having a rather hard time with a little slippage in my solution for extra slippage. What do you all use for extra slip on your back glass?? I've heard that Purell works....have anyone tried this....or something different? Suggestions?? Thanks guys and gals.................

please give brands to u :bling se:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint rookie

some use straight johnson and johnsons baby shampoo.....or some just spike thier film on with it.

come winter, some of your issues will go away with the temp change

I just use an extra hand sprayer with Prell...A pretty soapy mixture, and spritz when/where needed. I've always done it this way(not always with Prell, but that seems to work best overall). For me, it's just alot easier to adjust to different climate conditions, glass, etc. without changing the main solution. You can make it stick fast, or slide on command. I'd be lost with one bottle, stuck with whatever slip mixture you conjured up that morning. :bling

Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo. I just squeeze for about 3-4 seconds into a squirt bottle and fill up the rest with luke warm water until the water meets the top of the bottle and the bubbles get pushed out by the water. Close it up and tilt the bottle up and down a few times to mix in what didn't get mixed in. During the summer I would squeeze 5-6 seconds but only if it it needed it. :bling

Guest tint rookie
Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo.  I just squeeze for about 3-4 seconds into a squirt bottle and fill up the rest with luke warm water until the water meets the top of the bottle and the bubbles get pushed out by the water.  Close it up and tilt the bottle up and down a few times to mix in what didn't get mixed in.  During the summer I would squeeze 5-6 seconds but only if it it needed it. :lol6

[*]331501

love the scientific measurements we use....

summer time I use a nuts worth.

winter time I use a round two nuts worth

Guest Sprinter
OK all you guys and gals listen up

I AM TAKING A SUGGESTION and trying it

I have always used joy -BUT after reading and studying several threads hear Im going to give prell a try.

It seems that the majority hear truly believes that joy and some of these dishsoaps cause some of thepproblems with the film

[*]331571

with all your reading I'm sure you did'nt come across that much PRELL useers on here just johnsons babyshampooers on here I'd say 90% use it.

love the scientific measurements we use....

I use approx. 10 mls. per gallon of J&J or Dawn. I've found that the most accurate way of inoculating the media is using an FDA approved 20 ml pipette available through any pharmaceutical equipment supply company. inoculation amounts vary on climate conditions. :lol6

Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo.  I just squeeze for about 3-4 seconds into a squirt bottle and fill up the rest with luke warm water until the water meets the top of the bottle and the bubbles get pushed out by the water.  Close it up and tilt the bottle up and down a few times to mix in what didn't get mixed in.  During the summer I would squeeze 5-6 seconds but only if it it needed it. :beer

[*]331501

Kemble,

If you add the soap after filling your bottle then you don't have to mess with suds. The stuff mixes just fine that way. :lol6

Archived