3M color stable

Guest J.P.

I've used 3M CS for over a year now. So far no problems what so ever. No color change or fade to speak of. I put some on my personal car to keep tabs on it in April 02. I use the lift & shrink method and this film eats it up. I've never seen film lay down flat after shrinking, and I do mean flat. I've used 3M for 17 years, this film may be the one that I've been waiting for. Oh, the bronze is available too. Looks great, acts the same as black.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey TED when you do a bug just leave the film 40" wide. You can pull while dry shrinking just ankor the center and dry shrink away. You need to pull when you start getting tword the bottom. :lol6

Guest J.P.

Lift & shrink: Wet application using H anchor system. I start at a top corner. Lift the film off the glass by pulling gently until that areas fingers are off the glass. Use the heat gun side to side starting where the film is touching. As the film begins to flatten move upward ( still side to side ) until that area is flat. Move to the middle and repeat. Move to the other top corner and repeat. Same for the bottom. Takes a little practice but once you get it it's really cool. It works for any film. Comes in handy with those full metal films by not leaving those freakin' heat marks too. Quick and efficient, give it a try.

Guest tintsem

Here is what I'm concerned about. I went to there 12 min. Bug thing and they really stress that the ColorStable film will not turn purple, but would not say what color it will turn.

Guest TinterRich

I am now a 3M dealer also..I love the film and the upsell factor, you can't go wrong with 3M,..It seems to sell itself, I also now am using the lift and shrink method (it was mentioned briefly here on another post) and I think I have mastered it, I will never shrink another way..it's that good! the CS film has been great so far, :)

Archived