3M color stable

Guest Litespeeds

Everyone is different. You have to kind of feel the customer out and see if he wants the best tint job or the best price tint job. I am tinting a BMW X5 tomorrow for $375 for the rear 7 windows, not including the fronts. I told the customer that I tint for BMW of S.F. and if he needed any references, I would be more than happy to give him a few contact names at the dealership.

When I do jobs like that, I personally work on the vehicle and make sure it is near perfect. You have to remember that customer's like that just want the job done right. Wouldn't it be nice to get 3 of these jobs a day? I would be able to retire at an early age :beer

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest keepitcool

ok.heres my 2 cents.I amthe only shop in my city that can sell 3M so I am selling the crap out of this stuff.I actually like it better than the hp smoke of berkarts im using.the stuff sticks fast.lays down between dots like o MOFO and I usually never have to fight w/ stubborn finger at the bottom of a door that keeps sucking in moisture.(I dont tuck seals).I havent used 3M for years and I originally opened as a 3M dealer w/ the panther line.when it started going to sh%t and turning purple in 6 months I stopped using the auto line altogether.that was about 4 yrs ago.now this film comes along.I told my dist, I wasnt going to use this or any 3M films unl;ess things on their end were straightened out.so now im trying it for 1 month w/ a 30$ upgrade and its selling.the thing is, if it does start turning clear it will be so gradual the customer wont even notice and it will hold its darkness for years.also, anyone notice how "grabby" the outside of the film is?(the SR layer)it seems to catch much easier on rubber and seals and that,very important to put some pledge on after in stalling that stuff.well I think that about covers it. PEACE OUT!!

Archived