3M color stable

Guest TinterRich

All I know is that the average customer recognizes the name 3M for being a very good company offering quality products....if you ask anyone anywhere odds are they have heard of 3M and all their products in a good way...all the other tint brands are just well known to us (tinters)...the average person just relies on us to tell them all about the brand we use, we have to "sell" it, they may have never even heard of it.

The name 3M sells itself as a quality product, and when a customer wants it I will gladly install it for them....then I'll go meet CCTINT at the bank.:?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintsem

All I know is that everytime I see UPS with a box marked 3M, I start to feel broke again. Think I'm going to drop that line.

Guest psychotinter

I had a couple of reps come to the shop and they filled me up with their hype about their tint as they ate all of my candie out of the jar, They left me abounch of displays ,posters and even hung a stupid triangle thing from one of my light fixtures. The film is kind of ok , it has a silky feel to it but it applies like gilla . They gave me 4 20inch roles of this stuf & I still have 4,20inch,roles,of it.The poster burned good so yes I guess I am kind of impressed with it. If they would make a deal like an exclusive dealer program with a 100 mile radius I might think about useing one or two of the rolls.

Guest Sprinter

yes with just a 6 mile radius after you've spent your 45,000 does'nt seem all that worth it. with the cost of the film per car 50 bucks is'nt even worth the time, let alone the hassel of working with a thinner film. now if you could get another 100 bucks per car then I'd be ordering a van full asap.

Guest atypicaldave

Seems much ado over nothing in terms of this number letter company. My feeling is they only have their name to use as a selling point. Funny thing is this number letter company makes 50,000+ consumer products, I prefer to buy my film from a company who only makes film. They can stay focused on the bullseye that way. :lol6

Guest thetintshop

I got my info I requested from 3m on thier cs line. what I'm wondering is, how are you guys upselling this film? the prices are about the same as llumastar. you just upselling it banking on the name?

Guest thetintshop
yes, and the fatc that it's warranteed angainst color change, easy sell.

yeah, but so is llumastar. so what makes them want to shell out $50 more? it's just hard to believe people will pay that much more just because it says 3M.

the people in this town are rich and dumb, and 3m is a recognizable name brand, they dont know S*olagrag from llumar but they know 3m and 80% of these people go for the upsell, and then, when we explain the scratching problem on mercedes, they dont bat an eye at 39.00 per door for felt installation, makes for a nice piece of change for a top of the line tint job. These folks aren't price shopping, they want the best they can get for thier $80.000 cars and balk at the lowballers, they want quality and we oblidge

:beer

Guest thetintshop

I need to get out of this town. I had a new benz in here the other day and I quoted them $175 or $225 and they said they wanted the $175, $225 didn't fit thier pocket book. this is what I have to put up with here.

Archived