3M color stable

Even if it holds color well, so does the film I use, it's right there in the real world holding up..So why would a guy pay more for a non- metal (where's the heat rejection?) film when there are options out there that do more for less? I could see it for antennae issue cars, but that's about it..You don't need marketing when you have cars in the lot that look good after a good length of time...Then again, I don't live in the sunbelt so......I just typed all that for nothing...:thumb

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tint Guru

It looks good and almost performs as well as a metalized film.

The best feature is the Brand Name. There are some customers that buy price, Buy quality or buy brand name stuff. For me I buy Brand 90% of the time, now my wife, she buys off brand crap at the grocery and it drives me nuts. As far as the upsell. 50 bucks is a tuff upsell unless you are selling to white collar even then they could be a tight wad. 39.95 sounds a lot better than a 50 spot to anyone. You double your chances when you go to 29.95 or 39.95 vs. the all mighty $50 . No window tint customer anticipates paying $50 more which is about 20-35%% more . It can be done if you have time to spend with the customer and when they start nodding there head and agreeing with you, then you drop the $50 b*mb. :thumb

Guest Tint Guru
It looks good and almost performs as well as a metalized film.

In other words, it's ALMOST as good, so charge more because they make nice post-it notes...:lol6

:lol

No like I said its a brand thing which = Easy money.

Guest metint
39.95 sounds a lot better than a 50 spot to anyone. You double your chances when you go to 29.95 or 39.95 vs. the all mighty $50 .

Once had a Swedish man come asking price for auto tinting, when I quoted $XX.95 he asked, "What is you Americans obssession with so many dollars and 99 or 95 or 97 cents, Why not just say $100 instead of 99.95"?

:lol6

From that point on I quit playing this traditionally American (especially Walmart) mind-phuk on price.

:lol

Guest Tint Guru

Its true and it works . Its the american way. The real deal is women precieve 29.95 as 29 bucks, men cause they usually pay know it is 30. Its true!! Now if you do say a 1000 jobs a year that is $1000 in your pocket. I dont really think you will lose a sale over it.

you know what burns my ass? (and I agree the .99 is an insult) is gasoline prices. What the hell is this 9/10 of a cent bullcrap? One of these days I am going to buy 1 gallon of gas and demand my 1/10 cent change :lol6

If a few cents is going to make or brake your tinting business, you have a problem. I consider tinting more of a low volume/high margin business. Unlike a Wal Mart perhaps that sells thousands of one particular item with a low margin.

The day I start counting pennies in this business is the day that I will close the doors.

Archived