3M color stable

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skeeter

I have to say I'm glad my shop ain't 90 degrees. I'm sure any tint will stick faster in that heat. But 3M CS under normal conditions does'nt set up like other films. Just the opposite. If you've finished a roll down and want to swipe under the dust shield or down the front or rear side to knock down any potential fingers it will move on you and crease if your not careful. The glue seems to take a while to hold. :thumb

Guest Sprinter

hum.......if your having problems with it sticking use less soap in your solution, when it's hot more soap and when it's cold less is better. you can try and add some rubbing alcolhal to make it stick faster, heres one use another film if it pisses you off to no end, I would chuck it all in the garbadge or send it all back for your money back, just a few suggestions and thats all................

Guest FastBackJack

Hell I'll never use it again. I tried it once, thats all I needed to know how sh***y it is. 3M...if you read this.....Go back to the think tank with this s**t. :shock:lol

Guest 3MXPERT

You guys put 3M down, but wasn't it 3M who patented window film in 68??So if it wasn't for 3m you guys wouldn't even have a job..CS film is the best most advanced technology film on the market. It is by far the easiest to shrink once you learn how to shrink it. It doesn't shrink like traditional film it shrinks more like shrink wrap. I use 3M and I can also shrink a bug in 8 mins you have to curl the edges on the bottom and the leave the top long to pull on the film. Once you have pulled the film just run the heat over the fingers and they will disappear, smooth out and lay down flat as could be. I creased the film the other day probably 10 inches long I pulled the film as hard as I could a put heat on it and the crease went completely away no line, no discolor, nothing just perfect film. 3M is the most reconized film by the consumers and you get to charge more why wouldn't you use it?

Guest 3MXPERT
Hell I'll never use it again.  I tried it once, thats all I needed to know how sh!tty it is.  3M...if you read this.....Go back to the think tank with this sh!t. :rollin  :rollin

How can you only try something once and have an opinion? Maybe you should go back to the think tank and learn how to use it properly and you will see that it is the best...

Guest 3MXPERT
I just seriously doubt 3m has some special technology that nobody else is aware of, or can't produce. :rollin

They are the creators of window tint of course they have things up thier sleeves. Carbon injection is the start of it..You guys that don't believe will be wanting 3M in the future when you see that it's the best.

Guest TINTFXold

I dont feel there is equal "screen time" for ALL of the film brands. And the sap thats being dripped about 3M is gagging me. :rollin :rollin

If they pioneered the technology, hoorah for them. That still doesnt mean its the best for every tinter or the BEST overall. Too many factors play in as well as skill levels on application. Pont is, who cares who thinks which film is he best. Whats best is for the person to use what they are happy with for themselves and the customers.

and by the way, 3m does fade. Period. They all do over time. dont care what you say :rollin

Archived