3M color stable

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOLY CRAP! Maybe I shoulda looked at the prices more closely. I just ordered a bunch of tint, didn't look at the prices. I'm not paying for it, the boss is. And he's gonna crap tomorrow. hehehehehehehe. Serves him right for not giving me a raise in over 2 years, while I've increased tint sales every month from the previous year. I'll let you know tomorrow about the $.

Guys, does the term "Color Stable" mean that it doesn't fade? I ask because the film I use now doesn't turn color either, but does fade. However, I switched to it from 3M Panther about 5 yrs ago and since it's 1/2 the price, I can't justify making a customer pay more for a film that isn't better.

By the Way, one of the reasons I quit using Panther was because it turned blue in 6 months, but the other is that the scratch coat would flake within a year. Also, my current brand is a metallized hybrid and customers like the better heat rejection it offers.

One final note, I don't know about now, but 3M used to pay squat for warranty claims compared to my current brand. (I'm not mentioning the name because I think there are other brands that are good, too. However, my distributor gives good service and good pricing w/ next day availability...can't beat it)

Guest skeeter

Only reference to color stability for this line is that it won't turn purple. I've used a roll of CS35 so I guess we'll see...And TD, on the east coast I think it was about $325, shipping included. Are you using the HP version?

HP :lol the boxes just say 3m CS black :thumb

they say its made with carbon as the coloring agent, and since it's an element, it's not supposed to fade at all. It's tricky to shrink though, the edges cant take heat at all so you have to be carefull, and it wont stick to dots at all, you have to bake it in the sun before even attempting to get the dots to stick. So once you get used to it I guess it's allright, and certainly easier to work with than say Endurance, so it's a compromise. I guess they will eventually get the curling problem fixed, and it can't be soon enough for me :lol Oh and it has a really good scratch coat :lol

The stuff 3m gave me says specifically it won't turn purple...That's it, doesn't say it won't fade...Smoke and mirrors....I won't charge customers more for something I don't believe in....If they start talking 3m, I walk them out to my van, and ask them how the film on that looks after 4 years...No change, and it ain't 3m...

Archived